New book on venison heads up

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Some of you may already be aware of this recently published book called " Venison the Game larder" by Jose L Souto and photos by Steve Lee. Published by Merlin Unwin books.

The book came to my attention whilst dropping clients off at the Glenmorangie distillery back in October. They had some displayed on sale in the distillery shop, so I purchased a copy. It is in my opinion a very well written book and covers all the deer species in the UK, and also has some great venison recipes to follow, along side some very good photos of deer.

For a Christmas present for a stalker you couldn't go wrong really and it is well worth the £25.00 cost.

And NO I do not have any interests with the publishers or writers just in case I get a remark or two :D

Last edited:
Hello Malcolm

.......what about a declaration of any interest in the Distillery..........

L

Hello Malcolm

.......what about a declaration of any interest in the Distillery..........

L

Ha ha very good. I seem to spend sometime in there every year with clients, and after 31 years of visiting and stalking the area I should have a yearly pass!!

I did change once this year and visited Balblair nearby. It was a slightly more different tour and I enjoyed it. Their whisky is also very good, as is Glenmorangie. I would add that as I am usually the driver I do not partake of the tasting sessions :cry:

Last edited:
Malc,

So glad of the heads up got it for Xmas, present from me to me. Absolutely excellent book, all stalkers should have a copy, £20 very well spent.

D

My daughter sent me that book as one of my Christmas presents. There are several recipes i will be trying out quite soon.

Jose lives quite near me and I remember him doing a talk and cooking us all lunch at a BDS event at Houghton Hall a couple of years ago. If the recipes are anything like the cooking he did for us that day they will be good as I remember the meal being lovely!!

Stratts

Back