Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiltshire Firearms team do it again

Wiltshire Firearms team do it again

A big thanks to Wiltshire Firearms team, who once again delivered the service that every force area firearms unit should aspire to. I rang them in them in the morning and discussed the 1 for 1 I needed and found out when would be convenient to visit. I turned up at the appointed time, completed the relevant bits of form where I wanted their advice to get it right, in front of them, with home office approved calibres and having a good reason for my choice and within 20 minutes I was back on the road with three slots, plus expanding ammunition allowances.

This was about making it easy for them, but also about making the most of a friendly, well informed and efficient service. And I was careful to say thank you when we were done. Great service, well done Wiltshire Police.

I used to live in Wiltshire and they are renowned for their amazing service and fair approach. I have never, ever heard anything bad said about the firearms dept.

I sadly live in Kent now which suffers from quite frankly disgusting and worrying levels of backlogs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

20 minutes, that was slow...

I think my record is less than 4, yes FOUR, From parking up to getting back in the driving seat.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Mines about the same, though I already had the form filled out and had let them know what I wanted on the phone, didn't even have time to sit down and finish a forum post before my ticket was back out.

My FEO. Has changed recently, my old one was very helpful, hoping the new one will be as good

As I've said previously, I spoke to A&S about offering this kind of service - they didn't believe me when I told them about what happens in wiltshire - flat out refused to believe that was the case and they would never offer the same type of service.

How can there be such a difference in the same service? The mind boggles
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    As I've said previously, I spoke to A&S about offering this kind of service - they didn't believe me when I told them about what happens in wiltshire - flat out refused to believe that was the case and they would never offer the same type of service.

A mate got told by TVP that the Wilstshire level of service was 'just a myth', I passed this on to my FEO who found it rather interesting as the turnaround figures speak for themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post

I got the same response from TVP
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Maybe BASC could take it up with Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary, the Association of Chief Police Officers and the Police and Crime Commissioners of force areas that don't provide Wiltshire levels of service.

As another idea, why don't they offer voluntary posts to suitable FAC holders, overseen and audited by current full time staff, who would understand the practical issues, become familiar with Home office guidelines and get the job done. I'd happily do some voluntary work if it helped my fellow enthusiasts out and made the process easier.

Quote Originally Posted by tarponhead View Post
    Maybe BASC could take it up with Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary, the Association of Chief Police Officers and the Police and Crime Commissioners of force areas that don't provide Wiltshire levels of service.

As another idea, why don't they offer voluntary posts to suitable FAC holders, overseen and audited by current full time staff, who would understand the practical issues, become familiar with Home office guidelines and get the job done. I'd happily do some voluntary work if it helped my fellow enthusiasts out and made the process easier.
    I read a few weeks ago that one police force was trying to recruit civilian pedophile hunters (bear with me here) as specials. The idea being, "carry on doing what you are doing, just from a police station and we will do our best to ensure the evidence collected is within the law"

Anyway, I did wonder why this couldn't be extended to processing FAC and SGC's. Im sure more than a few would happily enrol as specials for this specific purpose. The above shows it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I got the same response from TVP
    Said mate....