Hausken md45

jdoots243

Good evening could anybody shed some light gettin conflicting answers is the hausken md45 moderator centrefire compatible looking for one to go on 222 many thanks.

I had the MD45 on my 223, beautifully compact and very light but not the queitest mod.
For me quietness is the most important factor in choosing a mod but i let the size and weight of the Hausken seduce me into buying it.

Ian.

Sounds like you lot have some copies?, I have been up close to Hauskens being tested on heavy calibers, & was impressed to the point of getting one for the .270.

From left to right. Hausken MD45, end of barrel, A-Tec Maxim, & ASE Northstar, over barrel.

The MD45 is roughly 1/3rd the volume of the JD184, which might explain the difference ?

Thankyou for your responses i know you shouldnt skimp but moneys tight just looking for a nice cheap mod

Can I suggest you consider speaking to your local gun shop about a used moderator. They normally have several, at much better prices. I have just done the same, because I'd rather have a used part that does what I need it to, than a new part, that doesn't !

Whilst I'm sure the Hausken JD184 works well, they also cost about £100.00 more.

IMG_2380.jpg

Hi guys,

Great thread. I also use an MD45 on my 6.5x55mm I love it! its short, lightweight and give really good sound reduction.
If you do decide to get one its a decision you wont regret.

Regards,
Glendine.

I think that you always need to weigh up your needs.
A light muzzle mounted moderator will rarely be quieter than a telescopic reflex style mod that has more volume to absorb the sound. As has also been commented different ears and eyes may hear/see differently.

I think that you always need to weigh up your needs.
A light muzzle mounted moderator will rarely be quieter than a telescopic reflex style mod that has more volume to absorb the sound. As has also been commented different ears and eyes may hear/see differently.

Well I've just done a test, comparing 22LR subsonic, cheapo rimfire mod, with 300 blackout subsonic, MD45 mod.

22LR, air rifle quiet, 300 Blackout................... just relived the BLITZ :rofl:

Well I've just done a test, comparing 22LR subsonic, cheapo rimfire mod, with 300 blackout subsonic, MD45 mod.

22LR, air rifle quiet, 300 Blackout................... just relived the BLITZ :rofl:

So the neighbour's moggie is still safe until you get a Wildcat Evolution then? :D

Thanks for the mod suggestions. I may resort to a "Shooter" version, 1.5lt Coke bottle, and a roll of gaffer tape ;)

Moggie is safe, as are the foxes, at the moment ! I was a little concerned converting the 7.5" drop between 110g VMax, and 208g AMax subsonic @ 100yds, to a short test at 20yds ! The ballistics APP works pretty well :D

Back