Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made in China...Mind your foot!

Made in China...Mind your foot!

As an engineer I appreciate what these guys are making with the kit on hand. Not that I would be asking for a "Start" on Monday morning!

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Very impressive skills there! This is the work that built 'developed' countries.

SD Regular
    Years ago there was a well published British black and white video of ships' chain makers. Will what looked like chaotic hammering by a dozen men in fact shown to be finely timed. Again "mind your foot". Or "mind your blow".

It's right at the last few frames of this clip...but there was another that showed it even better. OK there's pron and rubbish on the internet but there's a lot of good old stuff too courtesy of You Tube that's now been re-found.

I wonder who lives in the posh factory conversions that now no doubt stand where these men at Noah Hingley once exercised their craft? Or is it just become derelict land? Oh well...Happy Christmas!

Ah.

An "industrial estate" it seems from Wiki: "The Netherton works continued in production for around 20 more years. However, after a number of company reorganisations, take overs and sell-offs, the Netherton part of the business, then called Wright Hingley, finally closed in 1986. The site is now occupied by an industrial estate called the Washington Centre".

Last edited by enfieldspares; 15-12-2016 at 14:59.

My old Grandfather was a Blacksmith's Hammerman. They were hard men for sure.

if you look up on youtube ,forge welding a small anchor ,it is one of a pr of anchors forged on Shetland at my smithy ,i dont know how to put the clip on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    if you look up on youtube ,forge welding a small anchor ,it is one of a pr of anchors forged on Shetland at my smithy ,i dont know how to put the clip on the forum
    Looks​ a good ob there Bruce. Good to see you still have a few lads about that can swing a hammer (or as I think they're called in the Black country an ommer). There just aren't too many blokes left out there who have your skills so a enjoyable video.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post

Impressive work. Thank you.

And we think shooting the odd shot is bad for your hearing.

That's what you call team work.