Another moaning Brexit thread...pink biscuits RIP!

enfieldspares

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-38328388

More like the old folks that loved them and liked them are dead or near dying. My late mother loved her pink biscuits. Ain't bought a pack since she died.

A declining market. Like fig rolls, Sanatogen tonic wine, cake stands and cake stand doilies, local evening papers, the pinta on the door step. It ain't Brexit it's that the folks that once bought them is dead!

There could be a lot of money to be made here. I can seen hoarding and stockpiling and a black market for these things at "Old Folks' Homes" throughout UK.

End of. Please no controversial replies. This isn't meant to re-start a discussion that's run it's course on here. More a mourning of pink biscuits passing. A teatime treat from a passed time.

Last edited:
Question has got to be where are the raw ingredients coming from?
Could they not be sourced purely in Britain?
Fair point as to the clientele diminishing - but I still like the occasional pink biscuit (helps me maintain my feminine side!!!!)

I think a lot of companies will use Brexit as an excuse.
There could be a lot of money to be made buying up companies that are closing but using materials that could be obtained here.

I know that technically as an island we were never self-sufficient.
This should be our chance to limit what is brought in and reboot our flagging (nae virtually gone) manufacturing and innovative design industries - be it in food, technology or whatever.
Instead everyone's bickering about what Brexit actually means.

So what if Europe says we can't have this or that.
Let's show the world but especially Europe that we are still World leaders despite their "intervention"!

As they say "Necessity is the Mother of all Inventions"

Rant Over

This £ vs Euro stuff is nonsense, if you look at where the £ is today going back to 2009 it is much in the same area....except for the couple of years mid 2014-16 when presumably the biscuit makers were on a pretty good earner?

I bought this little book at the station.

I think it has all the answers - certainly more concrete than the Government's current plan.

IMG_2368.JPG

Last edited:
I bought the one called "The Meeting" a pastiche on the old Ladybird books. Sent it to a friend who worked in local government. As they seem to like meetings in that line of trade.

Seemed odd to me. A biscuit is a biscuit. Is it some sort of rare dye or what?

I can only presume it comes from the crushed petals of the Alpine rock-jasmine, harvested by wizened little elves on the upper slopes of Mont Blanc, dried on the roof of a mountain chalet, and then infused in a vial of the finest Génépi before being carefully placed in a leather briefcase and chained to the wrist of Marem Hassler who whisks it to Wigan in her Learjet

:fib:

It does raise an interesting point though. I mean six months ago, this would have been blamed on "Barmy Pinko Brussels wafflers ban Balmy Pink British Waffles". Whose fault is this stuff now?

I can only presume it comes from the crushed petals of the Alpine rock-jasmine, harvested by wizened little elves on the upper slopes of Mont Blanc, dried on the roof of a mountain chalet, and then infused in a vial of the finest Génépi before being carefully placed in a leather briefcase and chained to the wrist of Marem Hassler who whisks it to Wigan in her Learjet

:fib:

Ah Génépi..... that takes me back - anyhow, looks like you may have 10 years to stockpile your pink fancies!

Along with the 1970's, Angel Delight and Prawn Cocktails - times change and we should try to turn the clock back or reproduce it - that was then, this is now, so lets move on, We didn't have pink biscuits, but we did have cow biscuits - malted ones. I bet they are gone too. It wasn't a simpler time - just a different one.

Ah Génépi..... that takes me back - anyhow, looks like you may have 10 years to stockpile your pink fancies!
now you mention it I'm less than 1 metre from a bottle of Genepy that really needs emptying before it replacement arrives in January :norty:

Along with the 1970's, Angel Delight and Prawn Cocktails - times change and we should try to turn the clock back or reproduce it - that was then, this is now, so lets move on, We didn't have pink biscuits, but we did have cow biscuits - malted ones. I bet they are gone too. It wasn't a simpler time - just a different one.

Nope you can still get the malted milk cow biscuits.You can also get the dead fly ones as well.

The good news is people are starting to see through the Brexit nonsense that companies are using as an excuse to cut costs.

[QUOTE You can also get the dead fly ones as well.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, that takes me back a bit,,the fly's graveyard,yum yum..:thumb:

Back