Thread: Cheep online gps trackers do they work?

Cheep online gps trackers do they work?

Any one used any of the readably available gps vehicle tracking devices you can buy online?
    They donít appear to be too expensive, more to the point do they work? looking to put one in plant/ machinery to check on their whereabouts.

Has anyone had any experience with them or any recommendations?
    Thanks JD

yep. they work. Buy ten of them though & you'll soon find one that doesn't. It's a bit of a lucky dip really with many different flavours of sh*t.
    They might have moved on since I last tried some maybe 18 months ago

Not sure which you're looking at, but I use IGOTU120 which are about £35 and log for ~2 weeks at 15 min intervals, or ~18hrs on 1s interval. I've bought around 60 of them (for research purposes, not vehicle tracking) and have found 1 that was dodgy. When plotted on Google earth, they can indicate whcih side of a motorway you are driving, which is reasonable precision and accuracy for a cheap one. They are fairly robust and the associated software is a doddle to use.

Just the ticket fellas i will give them a go

Just don't stick them on a car with a threat against it. Not sure if it was police or prison up here but some guys wife stuck one on his car as she suspected him of cheating. He saw it, called the bomb squad and they blew a hole in his car

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Tamar View Post
    Not sure which you're looking at, but I use IGOTU120 which are about £35 and log for ~2 weeks at 15 min intervals, or ~18hrs on 1s interval. I've bought around 60 of them (for research purposes, not vehicle tracking) and have found 1 that was dodgy. When plotted on Google earth, they can indicate whcih side of a motorway you are driving, which is reasonable precision and accuracy for a cheap one. They are fairly robust and the associated software is a doddle to use.
    These are loggers though? Not trackers... So only good for tracking where something has been once you've retrieved the logger, rather than seeing where it is...