Available: Deer stalking for HM forces

Colonel

It's coming up to Christmas again so I'd like to offer the chance for a serving or recently ex-forces personnel to shoot their first deer over the Christmas period. The deer you will be shooting are Muntjac and CWD. Full board accommodation provided if required. All free of charge

Last edited:
It's coming up to Christmas again so I'd like to offer the chance for a serving or recently ex-forces personnel to shoot their first deer over the Christmas period. The deer you will be shooting are Muntjac and CWD. Full board accommodation provided if required.

Well done Colonel,very kind offer.. :thumb:

Great offer well done. Just make sure there SA80's don't jamm (lol)
merry Christmas everyone
good luck
regards Steve

I hope I've replied to all PM's if I haven't sorry but your name will still be considered. I will be choosing someone on Wednesday so if you want to be considered, PM me

Well thank you all for your PMs, I just wish it would be possible to take you all out. The lucky chap that will hopefully get his first deer is Jack1342 Chris.
Merry Christmas to you all

Well on Thursday 29th Dec Chris ( Jack1342 ) drove up from Winchester to try his luck for a muntjac or CWD as his first deer. Chris arrived at midday so we had a bite to eat and set off on to the shoot, as we walked up to the highseat 2 CWD ran out of field to the right. I put Chris in the highseat and left him to it, within a hour I heard a shot from his way, I had told Chris to stay put if he had a shot and wait for another. As the sun started to go down the mist started to form but I was lucky enough to grass a CWD doe and at all most the same time I heard another shot from Chris's direction. I headed over to Chris and he told me he had shot 2 deer, the first was a CWD buck and through the mist he had managed to get a muntjac buck. Both deer had dropped to the the shot with near perfect shot placement so well done Chris. The next morning was not promising, very foggy, but we set off anyway but unfortunately we didn't see anything so set off back to a cooked breakfast and then we skinned and quartered the deer, so when Chris set off about midday he had his first 2 deer to put in his freezer. Well done Chris.

Last edited:
Great offer - this is what makes SD a great formn and advert for quality members. sounds like you both had a good day. All the best for 2017

Thanks again Dave, it was a fantastic opportunity that you gave me and I am very grateful. I have written a write up in the section on the forum, I hope you approve. Thanks again :)

Such a fantastic offer yet again.
Ive not been on much of late and missed out on the chance of a Xmas shoot but I do hope it went very well. Cwd and muntjac are on my years shooting plan, military tasks depending.
Mall the best
gibbo

Back