Kuiu sizing

Just ordered some Kuiu clothing in my usual size L.

The Guide jacket was bodywise ok, a bit short in front, and the arms were a bit tight.
It has about 5" leftover textile around my body, but having a little woolen sweater underneath gave made the jacket a bit tight over my arms..

The Yukon pants in L on the other hand fitted perfect. It is not big enough to go on top of other thick pants, but ok over lighter pants.

For comparison I am 6ft even, about 200lb, usually vary between 190 and 200lb depending on time of year.. In Arc´teryx I use size L all the way.

I know the fit is atletic and not meant to have a whole lot underneath. I wonder if I am going to keep it, or swap it in a larger size..? I am truly afraid the XL is going to be too large..

I´d be very interested to hear what others have experienced with regards to Kuiu sizing?

Just ordered some Kuiu clothing in my usual size L.

The Guide jacket was bodywise ok, a bit short in front, and the arms were a bit tight.
It has about 5" leftover textile around my body, but having a little woolen sweater underneath gave made the jacket a bit tight over my arms..

The Yukon pants in L on the other hand fitted perfect. It is not big enough to go on top of other thick pants, but ok over lighter pants.

For comparison I am 6ft even, about 200lb, usually vary between 190 and 200lb depending on time of year.. In Arc´teryx I use size L all the way.

I know the fit is atletic and not meant to have a whole lot underneath. I wonder if I am going to keep it, or swap it in a larger size..? I am truly afraid the XL is going to be too large..

I´d be very interested to hear what others have experienced with regards to Kuiu sizing?

You tend to find with Kuiu that there is an adjustment period for you to get used to the cut... They are very well fitted and I think you will find if you go bigger it just won't!

Do agree with you on the sleeves though, but I always have that issue.. got forearms like popeye! lol Bear in mind though, the clothes are designed for bowhunting so they need to minimise material in that area as much as possible... I know

Should have bought Sitka heh Vipa?!
Cheers
Richard

Absolutely Richard lol...

In all seriousness though, like anything, Kuiu will suit some body shapes and not others... we are far too diverse a species for one cut of cloth to fit us all

If Kuiu does suit your body shape though, there isn't much better out there!

I take large or XL in all clothing, however I am XL in the base layer type stuff and go XXL for jackets in Kuiu
think they are going to the shooting show - be good to see the options in the flesh

I've always gone one size up in Kuiu gear. The only item where this hasn't really helped was in a 145 merino top where it sized bigger than their other stuff. I normally take a Large but have to go XL for Kuiu stuff.

Back