Our Armed Forces

User00025

Well hear we go again!! Al Blackman has to wait another week for a decision and despite Mother Theresa's pledge two more lads are being done for murder.
Northern Ireland a known terrorist runs from police and is shot, how is this murder?
It makes me sick to see the likes of McGuiness and Adams as leading politicians and other murderers of men women and children still walking about free.
When are we going to get it right,we send lads to do a job and then castigate them for doing it, whilst not giving a flying F about doing the same to the opposition.
A rant I know, but hell it just aint fair.

If you pilot a drone and blow up a terrorist in his bed unarmed and asleep what dos that come under then. I would say a job well done, but what do I know.
Now to me a terrorist is a terrorist IMHO

Shooting an unarmed man in the street is murder and that should be the same if you are in a police, soilders or clowns uniform.

He might be unarmed when on the ground but I doubt he was on his own at the time and where were they when he was down - taken to their heels and taken anything incriminating with them no doubt.

Shooting an unarmed man in the street is murder and that should be the same if you are in a police, soilders or clowns uniform.

If only it was that simple... Mark Duggan wasn't armed when he was killed and the High Court states he wasn't 'murdered'. Cpls Howes and Woods were certainly unarmed when they were murdered, the identities of the people involved are known, yet there is no effort to prosecute. The list of dodgy prosecuting decisions is endless. Try not to confuse your quaint notions of 'justice' with blatant political expediency.

Actually he was unarmed and shot on the doorstep of a house with children in the street... having lived through the troubles in the north my notions of justice are far from quaint and I have see some horrendous things on both sides however I have failed to see any police officers or armed forces convicted of crimes even when it was admitted that crimes existed.
So my point is not one of guilty or not guilty my point was a uniform does not make a crime less a crime. If they did nothing wrong then surely they will be exonerated in court.

We have also seen hundreds of terrorists being given immunity for murder of civilians inter alia.
A uniform does or should mitigate very heavily. These young men are put in situations by their employers (i.e. us) where they are intended to deal with hazards up to and including killing people not wearing uniforms. Killings can very easily be both unlawful and not a crime anyone deserves convicting for.
The bare fact is that there is no way these people would ever have been in a position to carry out these actions if they hadn't been put there, equipped with guns and live ammunition by the state.
There is no way in hell Blackman or others could possibly have done what they did if they hadn't been orchestrated by the police/army - whose orders they have no option to decline.
People out of uniform -especially soldiers - are in a totally different situation committing murder. They are not compelled to be in those situations, not armed by the state for the purpose of killing the enemy.
Terrorists have already consciously opted out of the law. No reason why they should be protected by a jurisdiction they don't recognise. To them, they are combatants operating behind enemy lines.

Again you are using there uniform as justification for there actions and that is the attitude that creates the opinion that it doesn't matter.
i agreed that it is different than a civilian going out getting a gun and shooting somebody but as the saying goes with great power comes great responsibility, these shoulders were not or had not been underwire or attack at the time therefore I would assume we're under no immediate threat and they had Time to decide what the consequences of their actions would be.

once again I am not putting these men on trail the British judicial system are doing that but what I am saying is a uniform is not a justification for murder , neither is the fact the victim is a bad man. IF these men acted outside the law which still applies to soilders they should face the same sentences and fate as any convicted murderer.

Again you are using there uniform as justification for there actions and that is the attitude that creates the opinion that it doesn't matter.
i agreed that it is different than a civilian going out getting a gun and shooting somebody but as the saying goes with great power comes great responsibility, these shoulders were not or had not been underwire or attack at the time therefore I would assume we're under no immediate threat and they had Time to decide what the consequences of their actions would be.

once again I am not putting these men on trail the British judicial system are doing that but what I am saying is a uniform is not a justification for murder , neither is the fact the victim is a bad man. IF these men acted outside the law which still applies to soilders they should face the same sentences and fate as any convicted murderer.

Just ask yourself the question, how many lives did they save by killing him. Armed or not at the time he was part of a murder unit.

The law is black and white life is shades of grey.

What is not shades of grey is that there was an Amnesty declared in regard to Northern Ireland. Selectively it seems. And not to our troops.

It should only be fair that that amnesty be applied, as it was applied in South Africa, equally. To all under who's ever colours they took part.

Last edited:
No comment is probably the best comment from me before i loose my temper as a firearm certificate holder...

Bloody disgraceful...and while them murdering scum sit in parliament and the murderers of Lord Mountbatten sit free from prosecution our boys are continually taking a battering by greedy scumbag lawyers.

****ing ******s

No comment is probably the best comment from me before i loose my temper as a firearm certificate holder...

Bloody disgraceful...and while them murdering scum sit in parliament and the murderers of Lord Mountbatten sit free from prosecution our boys are continually taking a battering by greedy scumbag lawyers.

****ing ******s
Couldn't agree more. Only good terrorist is a dead one what ever means. Kill em all and let god sort em out.
Feed em to the pigs.
Tusker

." IF these men acted outside the law which still applies to soilders they should face the same sentences and fate as any convicted murderer."
Even though that same law doesn't apply to terrorists and you're not arguing that it should? It is fundamentally different in that the point of any sentence is to protect the public and rehabilitate people who are a danger to society. Our soldiers are not a danger to society. These witch hunts are pernicious, transparently unjust and undermine our safety now and in the future. Now all our troops' main fear being sent into theatre is being prosecuted by their own side. That is insupportable. If you really believe what you're saying, you have to accept that you don't expect protection from your police, security forces or troops any more.
Would you be happy about what happened if the law had been different and stated that any terrorist was exempt from all legal protection and had no human rights whatsoever?

Theirs is int a witch hunt it's a justice hunt, as for that particular unit of men not being a danger to society I think The 26 people that were proven to be unarmed innocent civilians with no connection to any "bad" men shot 3 months previously and there families might disagree.

Back