Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At long last

Account Suspended

At long last

Received my DSC2 certificate today its been a long slog I can tell you, everytime I have had a AW with me either nothing would show or it would be the wrong sex then the day after when I wasnt accompanied i would go out and slot 3 beasts, I thought I would never get there.

As regards it being a qualification its the only qualification that I am aware of that relies soley or 80% on luck being on your side, So any would be stalker who starts off on the DSC2 trail be aware of those words . its an achievement not a qualification.

If anyone requires a witness to accompany them and registered under the old blue portfolio system give me a nod by pm. preferably with their own stalking ground and within 100 mile radius of Lancaster I will be only to pleased to help.
    My out of pocket expenses I expect re imbursed IE Fuel Costs
    Regards
    Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 09-07-2010 at 19:51.

congratulations Stu well done.
    Paul

Stu you do know that the qualification that will be used in future in scotland will be the NVQ type module and might not even ask for a deer to be shot very similar to the lev 1 and if compitenece out in the field is nessasary it will most probably be just one deer. Dont we all look foolish.
    Last edited by 6pointer; 10-07-2010 at 12:09.

Well done that man. Its so satisfying when its all done.

Well done Stu,

ATB

Tahr

Well done!
    I was lucky to complete my portfolio on 3 outings...

ATB
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Choc View Post
    Stu you do know that the qualification that will be used in futre in scotland will be the NVQ type module and might not even ask for a deer to be shot very similar to the lev and if compitnece out in the field is nessasary it will most probably be just one deer. Dont we all look foolish
    Choc,

What is the 'the NVQ type module' mentioned and is it intended as an equivalent (or a replacement) for the DSC2?

Thanks.

Well done Stu and Choc you do have a point

Account Suspended
    What I have noticed or it may be me thats a little to observant for my own good, when you are awarded these certificate they also award you a medalion badge to wear the DSC1 cert was accompanied with a bronze one now the DSC2 cert is accompanied with a silver one by inference that leaves room for a gold one are we shortly to expect further goals to aim at in there being a DSC3 in the near future.

As we all know its a mandatory req to stalk unacompanied on FC land and there was talk at one time that you also had to have a trained deer dog as well but I think that fell through so are we likely to be chasing further paper qualification in some form or another
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 10-07-2010 at 09:03.

Stu, you will have lost half your topics now you joined the stalking nerds