Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Range finding binoculars

Range finding binoculars

I know this topic has been covered extensively.
    Has anyone had practical hands on with the top 4 makes with regards to low light amplification.
    Also between the top 2 of Swaro 10x42 or the Ziess 10x56 is there a distinct difference in quality. If I am going to take the step up from my Bushnells I want to make sure I never have to purchase another set again.
    Cheers for any help / experience given

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a set of swaro 8x42 el range.

i have no complaints, but you probably need to go to a game fair and have a look through yourself.

Leica Geovid HD in 8x42 are superb choice as well.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Can I ask the difference between 42 and the 56 I did look for an explanation online but I think I confused myself

Look at the leica HD-B, bit the bullet a while back. Glass I think is at least as good as the others and the ballistic output works a treat
    Last edited by delta wolf; 17-12-2016 at 13:44. Reason: Spell checker

I use leica 10x42 hdb and a friend uses zeiss 10x56rf. The zeiss are maybe a smidge clearer at last light but we are splitting hairs! Range testing and accuracy they are side by side. The ballistic output of the leica is handy though. You can load data for different calibres/bullets onto seperate memory cards too if you shoot more than one calibre and just swap them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
    I use leica 10x42 hdb and a friend uses zeiss 10x56rf. The zeiss are maybe a smidge clearer at last light but we are splitting hairs! Range testing and accuracy they are side by side. The ballistic output of the leica is handy though. You can load data for different calibres/bullets onto seperate memory cards too if you shoot more than one calibre and just swap them out.
    Your comparison shows the Zeiss will be clearer your mate is using a larger objective 56 so more light gathering but they will be heavier.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Joe

i have Leica hdb 8x56 which as i am just down the road you can try at night if you wish?

http://www.birdforum.net/attachment....2&d=1396360283

Read the above very detailed review and comparison of zeiss, Leica and Swarovski RF binoculars.

This is a few years old but at 16 pages long is a very informative read. It compares the Zeiss RF, Leica and Swarovski binoculars in a lot of detail.

I was looking for a set of RF binoculars in 8 x 42. For me it was between the Swarovski's and the Leica's after reading this unbiased review.I tried both at the British shooting show last year. I struggled to read the LED readout on the Leica's which I thought was too dim for my eyes, ( I have read about this complaint before) it's brightness adjusts automatically apparently unlike the Swarovski's which have several brightness settings and was quite a bit brighter.

The swaro's have been updated slightly now from the above test but I have been told by Swarovski people that the electronics remain the same and have not been updated. They are also more compact than the Leica's.
    Last edited by paultap; 17-12-2016 at 15:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ah8217bris View Post
    Joe

i have Leica hdb 8x56 which as i am just down the road you can try at night if you wish?
    Hello

That would be great. Currently overseas but back in Jan would it be ok to PM a contact number?