Thread: Anyone Have One

Anyone Have One

Hi Guys

Was thinking of buying a ZEISS CONQUEST RIFLE SCOPE 3-9x40 Z PLEX MATTE to put on my rifle. Anyone have one or can recommend something in 325 price range

Steve

I own the 3.3-10X44 Conquest and one of the new tactical turret types (can't remember exact magnification)

If you're getting the scope for 325 new, take it. I am not going to claim that they are as good as the 'top line' offerings from Zeiss, but they're not far off. I was very surprised how good they are in poor light conditions. I'd liken them to the SB Hungarian lines - Zeiss components only assembled in the US.

Are the Conquest range imported by Zeiss UK or independant dealers? I have no experience of these scopes so can't give an opinion on quality etc but I was at a Zeiss UK presentation last year where the UK Reps seemed to be dissowning the Conquest Range. Might be worth checking. JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Are the Conquest range imported by Zeiss UK or independant dealers? I have no experience of these scopes so can't give an opinion on quality etc but I was at a Zeiss UK presentation last year where the UK Reps seemed to be dissowning the Conquest Range. Might be worth checking. JC
    Zeiss offer Conquest range only in the US. I bought 4.5-14x50 scope from the US. Very happy with it.

Zeiss UK won't promote them as they are for the US market only. Stupid really, if it goes 'ping' you have to send it back to Zeiss US but it's sold with a life time guarantee whereas i hear Zeiss, Swaro, etc are now offered with limited guarantees here (30 yrs i think)

They're very good scopes for the money.

Another one to look out for is Minox. I never knew they did scopes until i looked through one yesterday. A mate brought over one called a Minox ZA5 which we compared against my Zeiss Conquest 3.5-11x44 and Kahles 6x42. We waited until the light was poor and sat the rifles on the garden table, pointing at the farmers barn approx 600yds away. The kahles was noticably better than the others (as expected) but the conquest and ZA5 were about the same. The Conquest was brighter but the Minox had better contrast. What really got my attention was that he got the Minox ZA5 3-15x42 for $430 dollars. Even with carriage and tax it was a fantastic deal.