Suggestions for non-UK suppliers of expanding bullets?

caorach

I've a good stock of expanding bullets from when Cliff would export them from the USA but he's stopped that now and a friend has recently taken up reloading and was wondering where to get his expanding bullets from. I know some people are now bringing them in from Europe but have no experience of doing this as I haven't needed to refresh my supplies since Cliff stopped. Can anyone make suggestions as to good suppliers of expanding bullets who will post to the UK?

Arms24 is good. Don't bother with Alpinhunting as his communication skills are terrible.

Arms24 is good. Don't bother with Alpinhunting as his communication skills are terrible.

I agree that Alpinhunting could communicate better but I have found them to be reliable suppliers, but surely expanding bullets should now be available by m.o. within the U.K. ?

I agree that Alpinhunting could communicate better but I have found them to be reliable suppliers, but surely expanding bullets should now be available by m.o. within the U.K. ?

I had a part order turn up and communication was poor. Also been waiting months for one order to arrive! But they do have a very large selection

Thank you to everyone for the suggestions, I will pass them on along with the reservations about Alpinhunting.

I know that the law on expanding will change in the UK but my understanding is that it hasn't changed as yet but maybe I'm wrong on that one.

My understanding is that it becomes law on receiving Royal assent, which is a formality.....whether this has or when it will I do not know, perhaps BASC could update us?

Not yet and unlikely to be sorted for a few months yet until the Policing and Crime Bill receives Royal Assent:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2016-17/policingandcrime.html

Regarding Alpinhunting. I've found Karl to be honest (if slowish) in my dealings with him. An email to enquire about stock availability will tell you if what you are looking for is available or a likely timescale for delivery. So if you can plan ahead all well and good, if you need it yesterday, possibly better to look elsewhere.

That said, I've found Alpinhunting to be waaaay better on pricing than Arms24 etc. for my preferred bangstick fodder of Norma Oryx in .30 and 9.3 calibres e.g. .308 165gr Oryx are 72 euro per 100 from Alpinhunting and 111.90 euro from Arms24!

A few people on here have recommended this place...I can add my recommendation as well. Three successful purchases so far.

wiederladen-alzey - Willkommen

All in German, but they have a great range of bullets. I have been getting the Brenneke TUG, Barnes TTSX and Hornady GMX from them, but they do the full range of lead bullets as well.

I only have a bit of blacksmith's-German, (Hammer, Amboss und Bier are fairly self explanatory! :) ) but found you can use the Google Chrome browser which will translate from the German. Any emails from them can also be copied and pasted into Google translate. Google does not get it right every time it is a bit literal Langwaffengeschosse = long-arm shots, are better known as rifle bullets.

The website shop only automatically calculates for inland postage, so you need to put the order in and wait a day or two for the second acknowledgement email which will give the final cost for overseas postage...another £5 or so.

They do not take cards or paypal so it has to be a bank transfer, and Lloyds charged me £15 for the privilege. There was a thread on here recently about schemes for reducing the cost of transferring money abroad which might be worth looking at. I have a friend with a German bank account who has done the last couple of purchases for me, I then BACS the equivalent into her UK account.

Alan

They do not take cards or paypal so it has to be a bank transfer, and Lloyds charged me £15 for the privilege. There was a thread on here recently about schemes for reducing the cost of transferring money abroad which might be worth looking at. I have a friend with a German bank account who has done the last couple of purchases for me, I then BACS the equivalent into her UK account.
Alan

Check out http://transferwise.com/

Back