Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderators off ticket

Moderators off ticket

Now that some improvements are trickling into firearms law regarding expanding ammunition, estate rifle etc. how likely is it that moderators will be unrestricted? It's not as if it turns any rifle into a silent assassin tool and for something that helps avoid a noise nuisance in this little country of ours, it seems counterproductive for them to be FAC items.

I,m ok with our lot they allways forget to put them on anyway!!!!
    DONT START

Most moderators dont have a serial number so wats the point ???????????????????????????????

for five years my lot said my sak -17hmr was a pes-mae 22 in the end i gave up trying to explain this time they are not on,even tho they are on my old cert and my sect7.they havn,t got a jar of glue!hopefully it will be home to morrow we are having a party for it.
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 18-12-2016 at 21:32.
    DONT START

Moving mods off ticket was a part of the original Crime and policing bill together with expanding ammo and FAC extension but it was thrown out early on during the bills transit through parliament.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    Moving mods off ticket was a part of the original Crime and policing bill together with expanding ammo and FAC extension but it was thrown out early on during the bills transit through parliament.

Ian.
    Do you know why it got thrown out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Do you know why it got thrown out?
    From what i remember it was thrown out together with the expanding ammo to section one, and the expired FAC time extension back in May, why it got thrown out i have no idea. The Expanding ammo and FAC extension was reintroduced later in the bills passage is said to become law.

Ian

I agree wholeheatedly, there is little to no 'reason' (that I can think of) as to why Moderators are in the same legal category as a firearm. Removing them from this class would remove a whole heap of paperwork and cost. I find it daft that you can freely buy a .22 'silencer' for an air-rifle but if you subsequently fit it to a .22 firearm, you are breaking the law.

Counterproductive indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miki View Post
    I agree wholeheatedly, there is little to no 'reason' (that I can think of) as to why Moderators are in the same legal category as a firearm. Removing them from this class would remove a whole heap of paperwork and cost. I find it daft that you can freely buy a .22 'silencer' for an air-rifle but if you subsequently fit it to a .22 firearm, you are breaking the law.

I get totally confused about this. I had a telephone conversation with my FLO and they said it didn't matter what mod I had on the rifle as long as I had authority for that rifle to have one on written on my ticket. Subsequently I've been told by various people this was wrong info? TBH I don't know what is correct and no longer worry about it.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Miki View Post

You can freely buy centerfire thro the post no licence.
    Just buy all the parts for a modular moderator there is no place for mod component parts and can be posted as what they are lumps of metal . You only commit an offence if you assemble AND fit to a fire arm which you do not have a mod slot for etc .
    Now you may not get a company to post to you but there is no law for it