Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning products

Cleaning products

I must admit the cleaning of my 243 has been greatly neglected!

I have a Tetra 243 cleaning kit which includes a piece together rod with copper head brush , some triple action crap, grease and some patches.

Assuming I need to get some copper solvent and run with through before cleaning? Can anyone recommend what products to get?
    Was going to follow this video, anyone see any problems with this?

how does it shoot?if ok give larry a miss,if not go for it.i used to clean all the time now i check if its dry/clean/free from dirt etc a wipe over let warm up to room temp and put away.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    how does it shoot?if ok give larry a miss,if not go for it.i used to clean all the time now i check if its dry/clean/free from dirt etc a wipe over let warm up to room temp and put away.
    It's not been shot for a while as been between addresses. Last time I shot it it was opening up a bit but that was with cheap privi ammo.
    Was considering giving it a good clean as its never really had one since I bought it years ago.

Get a one piece rod to start and some kind of bore guide as for cleaning follow the instructions of the manufacturers and do not mix cleaners from brands i start with butchs bore shine to clean out powder and crud after this i dry the barrel with a couple of patchs and then i use sweets 7.62 to remove any copper(do not leave in the barrel over 2-3 minutes) after i have swabbed the bore with sweets i patch it out and then use a bronze brush to clean the copper out i then neutralise the sweets by swabbing again with sweets again and then dry the bore again oil if not using for a while if the barrel is chrome moly

just get some bore foam oil and light grease wipe on wipe off,dont bother with all that 9quid a bottle stuff it will send you high as a kite and pennieless.not getting at you smokey we typed at same time
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    just get some bore foam oil and light grease wipe on wipe off,dont bother with all that 9quid a bottle stuff it will send you high as a kite and pennieless.not getting at you smokey we typed at same time
    Forrest boar foam?

Spray down the barrel, leave it for a while, then scrub it out? Bit of oil and jobs all good?

If so cheers, suppose that sounds simple enough!

Kg-1 and kg12 are the best and fastest cleaning products I have used,butches bore shine,wipe in and out with accelerator ,g96 etc.

Just patch through with a jag and patch,once they come out clean shine torch down the crown end of the barrel to inspect the copper removal.

One removes the carbon first and starts to remove copper the other on just removes copper after.

Butchs boreshine is the stuff

SD Regular
    I've played this shooting game for forty years. yrElse the excellent, now vanished A J Parker's AC Oil, as Albert 888 says, KG 1 and KG12 are the best. I've also bought but not tried SF 112 that is the two combined.

When you do use can you post how you got on with it,as I may try that next when I run out of the kg 1 and 12.