Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raoul Moat:

Raoul Moat:

Anyone else notice that the police coverage from start to finish only mentions a sawn-off SG. Just been listening to the news and its distinctly a firearms noise on the news coverage of his death....?

Discuss?

T

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Anyone else notice that the police coverage from start to finish only mentions a sawn-off SG. Just been listening to the news and its distinctly a firearms noise on the news coverage of his death....?

Discuss?

T
    Needless to say I wasnt Raoulmoatly surprised when i heard the outcome that hes dead
    In my view he wasnt going to come away from it alive

Tom, do you mean it didn't sound like a shotgun? I reckon it's probably almost impossible to tell between bangs on recorded footage because of the different ways the sound gets 'clipped' by the recording equipment.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    Needless to say I wasnt Raoulmoatly surprised when i heard the outcome that hes dead
    In my view he wasnt going to come away from it alive
    I was going to say that but i thought l could be seen to be a sympathiser. Whilst i'm not, l thought that due to the coverage/time/threats made this outcome was inevitable.

Alex - They've played it a dozen times on Sky news this morning mate - i'd bet a large sum on it being a firearm...

To be honest my theory is that he was shot - there it is l've said it. I refer back to Hungerford (where he supposedly shot himself) everybody knew in the area that he was shot by the SAS, i'm not saying that they were involved here (they have definately advised) l think that the political influences think its better if a 'madman' shoots himself -

I could be all wrong on this though..........

T

Lets be honest, we're all ghouls and rubber-neckers and have been facinated by this saga but I have to say the standard of reporting has been appalling. I was watching BBC News 24 last night, they were broadcasting live from the scene of the stand-off and it was bloody boring! The so called reporter (must have been doing work experience on hospital radio at the time and drafted in as the last resort) had two eye witnesses on the telephone and the questions he was asking were ridiculous. One of the witnesses was actually very clear and concise about what he had seen and could still see but the reporter kept asking him the same questions then, when he couldn't think what to ask next, there were embarassing pauses. The BBC have had seven days to prepare for this, why on earth didn't they get an experienced corespondent up there on stand-by?

Shame that it had to end in a fatality as, not only will Moat now not face a court, but we may never know his side of the story.

JC

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Alex - They've played it a dozen times on Sky news this morning mate - i'd bet a large sum on it being a firearm...

To be honest my theory is that he was shot - there it is l've said it. I refer back to Hungerford (where he supposedly shot himself) everybody knew in the area that he was shot by the SAS, i'm not saying that they were involved here (they have definately advised) l think that the political influences think its better if a 'madman' shoots himself
    Interesting

I missed all the footage, but I expect if a formal statement has been made saying he shot himself then that is all we'll ever know!

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Interesting

I missed all the footage, but I expect if a formal statement has been made saying he shot himself then that is all we'll ever know!
    Correct!!!
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Account Suspended
    According to this report he was jumped on before he shot himself.

Crazed gunman Raoul Moat has made a dramatic last stand by killing himself at the end of a week-long manhunt.
    The 37-year-old blasted himself in the head after being surrounded by armed police following a tense six-hour stand-off sparked when he was spotted on the riverbank in Rothbury, Northumbria.
    An eyewitness told the Press Association the tense siege came to a climax when police surrounded the former nightclub doorman and jumped on him.
    A single gunshot was heard before the stricken fugitive, who has evaded a frantic hunt for a week, was taken by ambulance to Newcastle General Hospital. He was later pronounced dead.

Do we really need an expensive court case costing over a million quid I would guess, followed by 40 years staying in a hotel at taxpayers expense.
    He was a rogue male and I cannot see a better outcome for closure for the dead victims relatives and friends.
    Plus no policeman suffers nightmares from killing someone, perhaps.
    Martin

One less that the government won't have to spend a fortune on keeping in a luxury prison cell. In this current financial climate every little helps.