Wanted: Shooting Range 100m-300m

Cawdor118

Guys,

Myself and a couple of mates are looking for a casual few hours zeroing in our ballistic turrets. Doesn't have to be anything formal... As long as it's safe.

Anyone know Anywhere? Willing to pay.

Inverness / Highland / + or - 50 miles.

Cheers

Guys,

Myself and a couple of mates are looking for a casual few hours zeroing in our ballistic turrets. Doesn't have to be anything formal... As long as it's safe.

Cheers

Talk to Marcus Munro at Highland Shooting Centre just outside Rosehall. Indoor 100 meter range and he will sort outdoor targets out to 500 yds. Did a day with him in October. Hours of fun and a great facility.

Having had a squint on their website, for non members, it's £40 an hour each, plus £40 an hour for an instructor (which for non members is compulsory). So, 2 people for 2 hours is 4X40=£160 plus £40X2 for the instructor, a total of £240. So, really, it seems he offered you a discount!

Does seem a bit top heavy to me, but I guess the non member clientele will be mostly city banker types up from the smoke on the annual paid stalking trip who want to check zero on their rifles. Looking at the membership, it seems you would pay around the same for that for the year. Maybe that could be your best bet, Cawdor118 if you would use it occasionally.

Having had a squint on their website, for non members, it's £40 an hour each, plus £40 an hour for an instructor (which for non members is compulsory). So, 2 people for 2 hours is 4X40=£160 plus £40X2 for the instructor, a total of £240. So, really, it seems he offered you a discount!

Does seem a bit top heavy to me, but I guess the non member clientele will be mostly city banker types up from the smoke on the annual paid stalking trip who want to check zero on their rifles. Looking at the membership, it seems you would pay around the same for that for the year. Maybe that could be your best bet, Cawdor118 if you would use it occasionally.

Total ripoff

Cawdor118, I know it is a long way.....but if you are ever in Northumberland,, or in the vicinity give me a PM and I can fix you up.....charges.....FOC

Thanks very much mate! Very much appreciate the offer.

Very merry Christmas to you!

Cawdor118, I know it is a long way.....but if you are ever in Northumberland,, or in the vicinity give me a PM and I can fix you up.....charges.....FOC

Guys,

Cheers
Why don't you talk to one of the clubs shooting at Cawdor range?
Marcus at Altass is a tad pricey...

Did you have any more luck finding anywhere? I've been looking for somewhere I can put some practise in, anywhere in the NE of Scotland really?
I find it hard to believe there aren't any ranges aimed at everyday folks, I had a look at the shooting centre but £80 p/h is far out of my budget for the amount of shooting I would like to do. I have permissions I can shoot on and zero, but feel a little cheeky just setting up lots of targets and letting rip for a day when I am ment to be doing pest control.

Back