Land Rover Freelander fuses?

FrenchieBoy

I have a 2001 diesel Freelander with a minor electrical problem that is niggling me - The horn has stopped working. It could be (And is likely to be) a fuse that has blown. I haven't got round to buying a Haynes Manual yet so can anyone tell me which fuse it is for the horn. I have looked on the lid of the fuse panel (Below and to the right of the steering column) but even though all of the fuses are marked none of the fuses show as to be for the horn.
Can anyone help/advise please?

I think that there is a second fusebox under the bonnet and that the fuse for the horn is in there.

I have a 2001 diesel Freelander with a minor electrical problem that is niggling me - The horn has stopped working. It could be (And is likely to be) a fuse that has blown. I haven't got round to buying a Haynes Manual yet so can anyone tell me which fuse it is for the horn. I have looked on the lid of the fuse panel (Below and to the right of the steering column) but even though all of the fuses are marked none of the fuses show as to be for the horn.
Can anyone help/advise please?

This could have turned into a Classic...however xmas is close so you get a pass Pete.

Hope you sort out your horn

Merry Xmas from Essex

Tim.243

lol F8 :?: if my old brain is on form its a 15a under the bonet or the horn relay same place small black one above the yellow relays or the steering wheel ring choices choices any other bits not working ?

Hi fb
Fuse box top right hand side of engine bay as you look at it with bonnet open. Could be just corrosion of the connectors and or horn itself.

This could have turned into a Classic...however xmas is close so you get a pass Pete.

Hope you sort out your horn

Merry Xmas from Essex

Tim.243

Yes, I see what you mean Tim. I should have thought more about the wording when I wrote the post out.
I guess it's an age related thing!:oops::doh:

Yes, I see what you mean Tim. I should have thought more about the wording when I wrote the post out.
I guess it's an age related thing!:oops::doh:

You are welcome Pete, I can see it know with you typing away muttering " I must get this politically correct" or they will jump on me lol

I trust your health issue has settled down?

Tim.243

You are welcome Pete, I can see it know with you typing away muttering " I must get this politically correct" or they will jump on me lol

I trust your health issue has settled down?

Tim.243
Tim, we all have to try to be as politically correct as possible of the Grammar Police and the PC Brigade will jump on us from a great height without warning!:rofl:
I will send you a PM tomorrow regards the last line in your reply!

Pete

I am sure I have a workshop manual for the Freelander. I will have a search about and if I find it will send it to you.

Not quite checked the horns Conure but I did take the connections off and clean them up then checked that they were a good tight fit when refitted.

Back