Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank God we're leaving the EU...I'll feel better with Theresa May spying on me..

SD Regular

Thank God we're leaving the EU...I'll feel better with Theresa May spying on me..

In one of the Brezit threads I said one reason to remain was to check a Westmister dictatorship. Theresa May, at Home Office and now No 10 has zero respect for personal liberty. Viewing us as vassals to the state IMHO.

So. How many vote leavers are looking forward to us having the illegal May enacted snooper's charter re-imposed in two years time? As I said for all its faults the EU was a safeguard against these erosions of liberty.

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-judges-...arter-10703892

Our government is already collecting Metadata.
    Blaser K95 Stutzen - the ultimate deer stalking rifle

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    As I said for all its faults the EU was a safeguard against these erosions of liberty.
    Not is isn't. I've been the whole way to the ECHR with a case that impacted upon your rights and freedoms and the ECHR took these away from you, despite my efforts.

The safeguard for your liberty and rights is for you to stand up for them, when you do that Theresa May has her powers limited, when you sit posting on the internet she can do what she wants. Most people I see calling for freedom and liberty appear to do so on forums and facebook, ask them to actually get down and dirty and do some work to defend their rights and the number of interested people drops from "every mouthy person with an opinion" to virtually zero. The number willing to put their money where their mouth is maybe even less.

So, having Theresa May spy on you is nothing to do with the EU but rather is completely down to you doing nothing.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

In one of the Brezit threads I said one reason to remain was to check a Westmister dictatorship. Theresa May, at Home Office and now No 10 has zero respect for personal liberty. Viewing us as vassals to the state IMHO.

So. How many vote leavers are looking forward to us having the illegal May enacted snooper's charter re-imposed in two years time? As I said for all its faults the EU was a safeguard against these erosions of liberty.

http://news.sky.com/story/eu-judges-...arter-10703892
    This continued failure to accept the view of the majority (aka democracy) is beyond tedious.

If you don't like the result - leave.

Otherwise accept the majority view and live with it.

Just don't post more drivel on a great site. What is the point?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Correct me if I'm wrong as I've never actually looked into it as I feel I probably wouldn't find what I was looking for!

The impression I've always had due to countries (not all) not being able to spy on their own citizens, is that the US spies on us and has done for donkeys, the UK spies on US citizens, and then they trade the information back and forth with each other as to get around not being able to do it themselves.

The only thing I liked about the EU was it's dealing with the prevention of spying on citizens, however I feel there is always a whole lot more that goes on underneath the surface than we actually know about in regards to snooping on the average joe, on the flipside a Senior Network Manager who I used to work with who loved conspiracy theories caused a "woah" moment in the office one day when were all discussing TOR, in his own words:

"What better way to spy on citizens than a multi functional tool in which everyone has invested in and to some extent relies on under the guise of internet providers supposedly not-instated by Governments, once the internet safe haven was established and the users knew they had limited anonymity due to well publicised cases of "Bloke imprisoned because X did Y openly on the internet", which would then push the criminals into using a private and anonymous tool which seemed to be introduced seemingly out of nowhere by no-one for the same purposes without fear of being caught, IE TOR, and then one day they wake up years later to find suddenly the FBI have "found a way" to create landing pages to inspect packets from the users to see what they've been up to and to what extent.. Suddenly? Or rather that was their intentions all along and they drew the process out to catch more people lulled into a sense of false security, with a big fat hook, line and sinker."

Not saying what he said was true, but certainly out of the box thinking and made me questions things a little more than usual!

For we lesser mortals who are out of the loop - what or who is TOR ? !

As I said for all its faults the EU was a safeguard against these erosions of liberty
    Won't make the slightest difference, except perhaps to evidence used in court. Even if it's illegal it will just go on in the background anyway, we just won't get to hear about it

Quote Originally Posted by thorneyglatt View Post
    For we lesser mortals who are out of the loop - what or who is TOR ? !
    To my understanding TOR is a piece of freely available web browsing software which bounces packets of encrypted data between a volunteer network of privately owned computers at various locations worldwide. Because the encryption key changes with each packet and location, and because the distribution of packets is effectively randomised, in theory this makes it impossible to track the packet back to an individual IP address or decrypt the data. It was designed as a method of providing truly anonymous web browsing, mostly for people under oppressive regimes. Whilst today it's security is less sure, it is still a common choice for those who want to remain unidentifiable online, either for privacy reasons, or due to the illegality of their actions. It is also completely legal to use in the UK.

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    When you email someone about getting rid of your old LR saying "anyway it was a poxy old B-O-M-B" the last word will ring a bell somewhere ha ha..Whitehall?

Paranoia will destroy ya!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_...dor_poster.JPG
    04-07-2018, 19:32I must admit i read a lot of john's dog posts above and just cringe when i read them .........Countryboy 04-07-201804-07-2018, 19:32

It amazes me as to how many Aussies are lurking on this forum as members of the Secret Squirrel Society.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    Not is isn't. I've been the whole way to the ECHR with a case that impacted upon your rights and freedoms and the ECHR took these away from you, despite my efforts.

The safeguard for your liberty and rights is for you to stand up for them, when you do that Theresa May has her powers limited, when you sit posting on the internet she can do what she wants. Most people I see calling for freedom and liberty appear to do so on forums and facebook, ask them to actually get down and dirty and do some work to defend their rights and the number of interested people drops from "every mouthy person with an opinion" to virtually zero. The number willing to put their money where their mouth is maybe even less.

So, having Theresa May spy on you is nothing to do with the EU but rather is completely down to you doing nothing.

I fully agree with this statement.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!