Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Recreational Stalking in the UK

Hi,

I am currently writing a dissertation on wild deer management in the UK with special emphasis on Recreational Stalking as part of my masters in rural land and business management.

I have attached two short questionnaires to this post. The first for those who participate in recreational stalking and the second for landowners and proffessional stalkers.

I hope they will only take 3 minutes to fill out!!!
    I would be hugely greatful if anyone would help me with my research by filling them out and returning them to ashley.groombridge@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ashley groombridge; 10-07-2010 at 11:55.

Hi

Am surpised no-one else has very gently pointed out the introduction rule in the intro thread. TJ a litle slow on the gun, although maybe everyone is out on the ground. The midges got to me hence back in!

I hope the research goes well but you will get a better response if you introduce yourself in the intro thread!

Email sent

Thanks Ill move it to there instead

Account Suspended
    Welcome
    Having had a son thats gone through Uni and had to carry out research I know how difficult it can be to glean the information you require, I Personally will only be to glad to help.
    Regards
    Stu

Thanks very much Stu, its hugely appreciated

To much like hard work lass and facts and figuers in our chosen sport passion always always get used against us.

Ashley,

Thanks for doing the introduction, I've merged both threads into here to save confusion.

It might improve your response rate if you were to give some kind of a summary about the dissertation you are working on, i.e what are your aims and objectives and what are you trying to show? Also, would you be willing to publish your findings on here by way of giving something back to the contributors?

all the best,

Alex

Many Thanks Alex

I would be morre than happy to let you know my findings once I have completed my research.

Here is a brief introduction to my study....

Can the expense of managing wild deer can be offset by offering recreational/professional stalking, and the sale of wild venison.
    OVERALL RESEARCH AIM

This dissertation aims to look at the management of wild deer on large farms and estates and to consider whether the techniques used are effective.
    It will further go on to consider whether the letting of recreational/professional stalking could contribute towards the management of wild deer and reduce costs, and finally will consider whether the large farms and estates could sell the wild venison to provide the landowner with an income from the wild deer.
    RESEARCH OBJECTIVES

I wish to gather information and report on my findings on stalking in the UK, considering the law and guidelines around the sport, the demand for the activity, and whether it can provide the land owner with a viable income that could reduce the costs that cannot be avoided through his obligations to manage deer on his estate.

With the above information, I aim to further investigate whether the carcus' from the wild deer could further be an asset to the landowner through the sale of wild deer venison. Again this will require reference to the laws around the sale of game meat as well as public demand and perception of venison.

Account Suspended
    Questionaire sent
    Stu