Gun Cabinet in bedroom

alwhitt94

I have just sent off for my FAC and currently have my cabinet in my bedroom would that be acceptable?

yep not a problem as long as it is bolted to a solid wall ,can be on show does not have to be concealed

Cheer neillfrbs I thought so just wanted to make sure everything is right for when the feo comes out

Yes, it'll probably be acceptable to the FEO, but a bedroom isn't really the most practical place to keep guns. Can't understand why anyone would want to.

I had one in a spare bedroom once as it had a closet which was never used. No problems with it being there at all.

"Out of sight of casual visitors" takes out the option of entrance hall or probably living room. bathrooms are impractical and far too humid. Kitchens could work if large enough, good place to hide a cabinet in a cabinet? If you have other options like under stairs cupboard then that is more practical than bedroom when you are getting out of bed in the small hours.
dont forget that there is nothing stopping you disguising the cabinet as long as it is secured to a solid part of the building.
i once rented a place with all walls being timber frame and plasterboard so useless for decent fixings, I laid the cabinet on its back under the stairs fixed into concrete floor. with a Hoover, boots, coat hanging off a rack etc under there you would never have looked for a gun cabinet!
good way of fitting lots of guns into a cabinet too.

The wardrobe in our master bedroom is the most practical place for my cabinet. FEO didn't bat an eyelid and as a bonus, the bed makes a good place to lay them when moving them in or out.

Mine is in a cupboard in the spare room. It's a large safe and only just fits by width so no possibility of using a jemmy in there.
the back wall of the cupboard has the airing cupboard the other side so it's always nice and warm.
It also has my sons motorcycle one piece hanging in front of it. FEO was very happy with it.

Thinking about it I do have a friend who has his cabinet in the hall way by the front door but he has a coat rail above it and when a load of coats are hung up they cover the cab, you would never know it is there. Feo was happy, Handy location too.

Walk in Wardrobe in our bedroom is perfect.

Ian.

Like it - tried that one when we moved house planned to convert it to a walk in gun room . Mrs was having none of it once she got all her clothes & bloody shoes in if was full to bursting.

Bolted mine to the side of the window in the bedroom covered when curtain is open. Only comment from FLO was could it be seen by a person such as a window cleaner?
Wingy

Thinking about it I do have a friend who has his cabinet in the hall way by the front door but he has a coat rail above it and when a load of coats are hung up they cover the cab, you would never know it is there. Feo was happy, Handy location too.

Ideal.

Back