Thread: .22LR OR .22WMR SEMI AUTO - black rifle preferred

.22LR OR .22WMR SEMI AUTO - black rifle preferred

Anyone have a semi auto rimfire they want to sell? I would consider AR15 - style or similar black rifles, or good condition semi auto's Scope or moderator not necessarily required, but accuracy is a priority. This is for range and plinking with some discrete vermin control from time to time.

Yes. I have an Anschutz 525 which is more accurate than I am. If you're interested I can post pictures. I'd sell it as a package with PH mod and Hawke scope

Established Poster
    Southern Burgundy, France and the UK a few times per year
    I don`t have one to sell but I do own several 22 semi autos as well as other 22LR types. If you have never had a semi auto then try some out first. They have some disadvantges as well as advantages. Firstly they are never as accurate as a quality bolt action. They have `fail to load` and `fail to eject` issues that are sometimes down to ammunition but can be the rifle - many only cycle with higher power rounds as the gas from a 22LR is not often enough to cycle the action. These higher powered rounds are often more expensive and hard to silence for vermin hunting. Lastly 22LR S/A are a dirty rifle, due to the blow back action that makes them cycle and therefore they need to be cleaned often - remember the 22LR is already a very dirty round.

Not trying to make you choose something you don`t want but for best accuracy and most vermin control you will find a quality bolt action better suited. A 22LR semi auto is fun though and plinking is where it is best suited.

In my 22LR rifle collection ( live in France so there is no 'ticket' nonsense - there is other nonsense of course like no hunting with sound mod and other things) I have a couple of French made semi auto 22LRs and a S&W MP-15. My non-semi autos are a Sako Quad Hunter and a Marlin 39M - both are vastly more accurate than the S/A.

The Ruger 10/22 is popular and cheap but to get the best results you need to change out a few parts and then it is not so good value.

Good luck finding something that suits.
    Last edited by tramblygoat; 23-12-2016 at 14:37.

got a Walther G22 sat doing nothing,

photobuckets playing silly buggers at mo so heres a link to the ad from when i bought it for a pic....

http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24806

i bought it as a bit of a project gun last year, fixed the running issue and its been great since - as long as the chambers kept fairly clean it happily cycles win subs all day !!

its still as per the above ^^^^ link except the (naff) scopes not fitted now (but included if wanted) as iv been using the open flip up sights for plinking,

it also now comes with a moderator adaptor to able the fitment of a more commonly available mod thread (been using a SAK) as the original thread is some odd size!!

its had a small crack repaired (erm.....glued lol !!) on the plastic stock which doesnt affect it, but its there all the same !

all this for the same £100 that i paid for it when broken

I got a marlin actoned .22wmr in a boyds rev stock with about 250 rounds yours for 160 plus fees or f2f

if you change your mind and want a bolt action,ive got a .22lr as new sako quad varmint in a boyds t/hole stock

I didn't see you were after a black rifle, not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by tarponhead View Post
    Anyone have a semi auto rimfire they want to sell? I would consider AR15 - style or similar black rifles, or good condition semi auto's Scope or moderator not necessarily required, but accuracy is a priority. This is for range and plinking with some discrete vermin control from time to time.
    If you want discreet .22 magnum won't do you any favours, cracks pretty well. Buy the the 611 you know you want to! CZ are bringing out a military style 512 in .22 mag soon if that floats your boat

I have a Remington 597 in .22WMR in a ProMag Archangel AR-style stock c/w a Wildcat Whisper mod. It can be very accurate indeed -under 1" at 100yds with Remington Premier 33-grain ammo-, but with a cantilever mount fitted to the receiver rail, and not with the mounts bridging the receiver and hand-guard as in the picture below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcfmtp4t2j...horty.jpg?dl=0

I also have a V22 with a 12.5" barrel, c/w silencer, YHM quad-rail carbine hand-guard, and spare SGC and Black Dog magazines; but like most V22s it requires HV ammo to cycle reliably.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 25-12-2016 at 12:28.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay