Thread: Close miss this morning

Close miss this morning

On the way to work, 2 young roe, fortunately proceeding at my usual reasonably sedate pace so stopped easily 5 yards short whilst they did the expected panic whirl around in the middle of the road and headed off back the way they came from.

The close miss was not me and the roe - I was expecting them to be moving at deer o'clock, 6.51.

It was the usual pillock 20 feet behind that nearly wiped all of us out - would have done any oncoming traffic too as he swerved to the off side to miss me.

We were the only 2 cars in a mile of space, beats me why normally intelligent rational folk lose all common sense the moment they get behind the wheel.

I pull over nowadays and let them past if I feel they are tailgating me.
    I can`t be arsed with their ignorance.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who shoots sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I like to drop it down a gear which slows my car and gets them even closer without brake lights coming on.
    Then a gentle touch on the brake pedal with the left foot is just enough to get the brake lights on without braking whilst a good boot-full of right foot on the accelerator opens the gap to an acceptable level! They tend to get the message quite quickly!
    MS

Million candle power roof light enlightens them to their bad driving!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Million candle power roof light enlightens them to their bad driving!
    +1 (red filter to keep it legal-ish lol)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

If they're that bad then I'd do the same, not worth getting involved in a race or road rage incident with someone you know ow nothing about for some petty reason. I know it's rare but it wasn't long very ago that an old guy had a minor rear end shunt into a car near Worthing and the driver got out and stabbed him multiple times. Doesn't happen very often but is it worth the risk? Getting killed is unlikely but having someone who values the state of their car less than you value yours is however quite likely.

Reminds me of when I was hacking back through Switzerland at significant speed when here ran out in front of me on my motorbike and I somehow managed to go between the 2nd and 3rd one. Would have been dead for sure.

Here in Germany it is part of the driving school instruction that deer/boar are active mornings and evenings but the younger feeekers in their old golfs still belt through the wooded areas like top gun wanabees.