Thread: sporting lease wanted

sporting lease wanted

hi guys i am looking to buy a sporting lease have any of you guys got any ideas of any one who is giving up ? or any permission's going in any part of the UK all my mates who want to get on board are dsc1 and dsc2 holders , cheers for now and thank you for any help.

Hi there, from your profile page I see you are new to SD, I don't know how new you are to shooting / stalking?
    The SD is a great site, lots of good guys on here who will offer a vast amount of help and advise and some would probably even take you out stalking. I've made many good friends here BUT I think it's fair to say that if your looking for a lease or stalking permission you are in the wrong place, when it comes to permissions most would stab you in the back in the blink of an eye to get another bit of ground. Once got they guard it with their life.
    Best advise would be to go door knocking. As for a sporting lease you would need to contact the forestry management organisations and submit a CV & tenure when they come up.
    ATB Wingy

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Hi there, from your profile page I see you are new to SD, I don't know how new you are to shooting / stalking?
    The SD is a great site, lots of good guys on here who will offer a vast amount of help and advise and some would probably even take you out stalking. I've made many good friends here BUT I think it's fair to say that if your looking for a lease or stalking permission you are in the wrong place, when it comes to permissions most would stab you in the back in the blink of an eye to get another bit of ground. Once got they guard it with their life.
    Best advise would be to go door knocking. As for a sporting lease you would need to contact the forestry management organisations and submit a CV & tenure when they come up.
    ATB Wingy
    Good post ��(thumbs up deleted there for some reason)

hi thanks for the reply , I have been shooting for over 40 years and I know what some guys are like I was hoping that some one would know some one or a land owner would reply ,after doing the dsc1 I am just trying to get a foot on the ladder , thanks again

As you can imagine mate there are hundreds of chaps on here probably in the same boat as you. Unfortunately demand is far exceeding supply at present. It's a misconception that joining a site like this will open up shooting opportunities. It does happen from time to time. Welcome to SD all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    ATB Wingy
    Plenty sporting leases on private estates, but you need to be in the know as they get snapped up pretty quick.