Wamadet Press

I still use mine. Still seems quite reliable. Bought originally for swaging 38sp wadcutters but made redundant for that task.

I've had my Wamadet since the '70s and I've used it for every rifle and pistol handload I've ever made. It's portable, reliable and adaptable, moreover, doesn't need to be bolted to a table, it comes with its own base. I ensure it's covered when not in use and properly lubricated. It'll probably see me out.
Peter

You can tell the Wamadet is still respected and desirable to those in the know. They only rarely appear for sale and whenever one does, it always sells very quickly.

Yes I sold quite a few in the early 80's I always thought them a brilliant concept especially not needing to be bolted down.

I just wondered if folks still used them

GODS teeth that's a name from the past 70's/+ used to do my 45 acp 38 super sizing with red rooster lube :old:

I have two that I still use as my main press. I've a rockchucker as well but the Wamdet is great if you don't have a dedicated loading bench.

Ezzy

They were well made of good quality. Far removed in both from Batson's Bullet Lube which was utter rubbish.

My circle...or more correctly Roy Milward at Aylestone Gun Company...believed it was made from waste from an ex-US Army Mack truck engine that they ran 24/7 and emitted the stuff, that 'they' packaged up as Batson's Bullet Lube, from its sump drain hole that they removed every few days.

Be that as it may compared to RCBS Green Pistol Lube lube, Rooster Red, Mirror Lube (that I imported) or even NRA Formula Alox lube it was total rubbish. Didn't flow, fell out of the bullets' grooves, the job had to be done twice over. Yet the advertisers mythical "George" was always being exhorted to use it. In summary...great press...shame about the bullet lube.

Last edited:
I had a couple after the passing away of my shooting partner. Sold them both on behalf of his widow to fellow shooters on another forum as late as September when the second sold. Was so tempted to keep one or both, but to acustomed to my Hornady setup, and needed to sell to give profits to Janet.

Solidly built and ideal for reloading away from the comforts of the reloading bench.

Where would be the best forum to offer handgun reloading kit? A close friend left all his kit, including a Wamadet press, with me when he moved to France about 10 years ago. There's bullet moulds, RCBS powder thrower, Redding scales, various dies(handgun) etc. They are having a difficult time, what with the exchanges rates and his wife needing back surgery, so I don't want to give it away.

Had mine since 1983, loaded 1000s of rifle and pistol rounds. Today it's used in the house for seating bullets, resizing is done in the garage with an RCBS bolted to the bench.

Back