Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memories are made of this!

Memories are made of this!

I hope that everyone is enjoying their Christmas day. Please accept my very best wishes to you and all your family.
    The wife and I don't bother getting each other loads of prezzies, we prefer to ask what each other would like and find useful and then get each other a couple of "little extras" as well.
    Marlene had obviously remembered me talking about Christmas as a kid and how each of us would get an Annual for Christmas every year and mine was always The Beano Annual which I thoroughly enjoyed reading through from cover to cover before passing it on to another member of the family to read.
    Imagine my surprise when Marlene gave me a "Little Extra" all nicely wrapped up only to find that she had got me the latest Beano Annual.
    Memories are truly made of this!
    What are your favourite childhood memories of Christmas?

The beano the dandy and a chocolate orange where always in our Christmas box

Very good. Made me wonder how many people under 40 actually got a Beano annual.

I'm 42 & still get
    Oor wullie or the broons every year

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    I'm 42 & still get
    Oor wullie or the broons every year

Paul
    Im the same, have done since 1972.
    Knowledge dispell's fear in all sorts of walks of life.

Im the wrong side of 40 and can remember getting the Beno annual every year or second year. If it wasn't that it was a Tintin or an Asterix and Obelix or even a Hardy Boys ( although these were older copies). What crazy memories!!

Ey up Pete,

my mam gets me the Guinness book of world records every year

tradition eh!! Good memories of love and laughter , tis what it's all about,

keep well r kid

kjf

Asterix n the Beano as a kid but now every year she gets me a bar of Bourneville dark chocolate ,bless mother im 50 now and she,s done it since i was 16 ,atb Pete ave a good 1 m8
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Likewise OP. She got a BIG mirror for her project I got a fan for new woodburner. Anything we need or think we need ! at our age, we don't wait til next birthday. Sorry but Christmas is an interruption to the shooting season. Plenty of time after Feb 1 til Aug 12 !

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
    Very good. Made me wonder how many people under 40 actually got a Beano annual.
    Im 33 and always got the Beano and the Dandy annual every year.I also got a Where's Wally.

Regards Kev
    Last edited by kev.rem700; 27-12-2016 at 21:41.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.