Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying up Scotland...and Romania

Buying up Scotland...and Romania

What does the forum think about Polvson and his company Wildlands LTD who are currently buying up as much of Scotland and they can get their hands on, and doing deals for the bits that they can't?
    All the deer are being shot in order to promote more natural regeneration of woodland. I'm very much in favour.

You want woodland and no deer? I know nothing about the company. So do tell?
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Sounds and looks like a good thing ,thinking in the long term planet wise,but it smacks alot to me like one persons goal in playing god.and having as big a piece of the planet he can afford,imho.

Quote Originally Posted by The Singing Stalker View Post
    You want woodland and no deer? I know nothing about the company. So do tell?
    I imagine the idea is to reduce/remove deer until the woodland is established where their presence won't be so influential.

Call me an old cynic but I worry that one very rich mans dream can often be a lot of poorer peoples nightmare . And to make it much worse in the list of partners are the dreaded letters EU , that in it's self would put me well and truly on the back foot , I can see a lot of people involved in shooting sports being short changed as in the case with The National Trust , on the face of it they say they support shooting/stalking but the evidence shows a different agenda . If in years to come these vast tracks of land returned to the wild , quite how wild we are only guessing at , should end up with the usual bunch of tree huggers wave goodbye to stalking as we know it ..

If your summary is correct it sounds like a cluster **** waiting to happen.
    the country doesn't look like the way it does now due to deer

All the Deer shot so how does that make anyone happy .An extinction type situation what a crazy idea ,rich man plays god and then wonders what went wrong
    .Recipe and disaster anyone .No Deer ,no stalking ,no income from sporting hobbies sounds like a plan to empty the country of people who live off stalking and shooting sports.Any alternatives offered?? or do people just lose their jobs and leave their homes and way of life behind
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Wonder if he and the Rausings are in cahoots?

The man's nuts - the SNP and its communist Land Reform agenda will soon pinch it all back