Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI on non AI slot

AI on non AI slot

I know this has been covered before, and am pretty sure the answer is "no", but couldn't find it when searched. Could I get an AI cartridge if my slot is for the non-ackley cartridge?
    Basically I have a slot for 338-06 but that's it, it doesn't say 338-06 A-square so am wondering whether I still need to stick to the a-square or not.
    Any Questions Feel Free to PM me

you can acquire what your ticket says ,generally it is better to apply for a 30. calibre rifle than state anything else ditto for ammunition it has been my experience with the police that if you are straight with th em they are straight with you so if your ticket says you can acquire and possess a 338 rifle then that is what you can acquire be that it be a 338win mag 338 lapua 338/06 if your ticket says 338/06 then that is what you can acquire

When I checked with Dorset many years ago on the AI situation, I was told it made no difference and to proceed with the rebarrel.

Probably worth a quick call though Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    you can acquire what your ticket says ,generally it is better to apply for a 30. calibre rifle than state anything else ditto for ammunition it has been my experience with the police that if you are straight with th em they are straight with you so if your ticket says you can acquire and possess a 338 rifle then that is what you can acquire be that it be a 338win mag 338 lapua 338/06 if your ticket says 338/06 then that is what you can acquire
    Completely agree with all that. Devon and Cornwall don't usually do just calibre, they want specific cartridge so it'll be 308 WIN or 7mm REM MAG. However in this case there is nothing after 338-06 so it's a little unusual

I would sell it but worth notifying feo
    note, "notifying" not "asking"!

Sell it?

Greener, i had both 22-250 AI and 257 AI with authorities for a "22-250 Rifle" and a .257" Rifle, i no longer have the 22-250 but still have the 257, The 257 AI is recorded as a 257 cal. Bolt Action Rifle on my FAC
    Various RFDs have said that i should not have been able to acquire an Ackley Improved without my FAC saying so but i have said my Licensing dept are happy with this and so am i, one RFD said that i was breaking the law!!
    It depends how your authority is worded, if it had said .223 Remington Rifle and .257 Roberts Rifle then i would not been able to have improved versions of either cartridge.

Ian.

That was my thinking entirely. I was expecting 338-06 a-square and all my justification was based around that. However when it arrived it was just 338-06 so I'm thinking Ackley may be the way forward.

If it says 338-06 then you can have a 338-06 A-Square or Ackley, what letters or words come after the original cartridge/calibre designation does not matter as long as it is not specified in your authority to acquire box.

Ian.

Nothing on my chit says A-square. Hmmmm Ackley....