Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NV spotter/monocular on a budget

NV spotter/monocular on a budget

Looking for a digital NV spotter or monocular on something of a tight budget. At the moment I am torn between the Yukon Ranger LT 6.5x42 and the Pulsar 860vs. I am leaning towards the pulsar as it has a rail for mounting an external IR source. Just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these or anything similar. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

if you like a bit of a tinker there are some really good diy builds on thr nv forum

I've got a Pulsar 750, which also has a rail to put an additional IR torch on, which you WILL need.
    There is a second-hand one on flea bay at the moment.

Established Poster
    Ive got the 860vs.... just send it back to Thomas jacks infact, its totally shocking , always used pulsar digital units , but this is terrible . maybe its a faulty one ,but most people I've spoke to say a similar thing

Have a look for the Sure digital Nov spotter. Really good for the . Can see foxes out to 300 using the on board IR and costs around 200

http://www.sure24.co.uk/sure-nvwg50-...monocular.html

Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Ive got the 860vs.... just send it back to Thomas jacks infact, its totally shocking , always used pulsar digital units , but this is terrible . maybe its a faulty one ,but most people I've spoke to say a similar thing
    Interesting, I would have thought they would use the same technology from their riflescopes. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Have a look for the Sure digital Nov spotter. Really good for the . Can see foxes out to 300 using the on board IR and costs around 200

http://www.sure24.co.uk/sure-nvwg50-...monocular.html
    These look very good value, will do a little more investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    Very disappointed with mine - I can see a long way , but can't get a sharp focus.

Regular Poster
    I use a bushnell equinox z6x50, I find it very good, it does have a rail to mount external ir if you need it,i don't bother but do take out extra batteries with me as the ir eats batteries for fun.

Established Poster
    I think the sure24 monocular is the same unit, just un branded. ebay has loads of the same same model, sold under different names/makes. I used my friends 6x50 against my pulsar and it blew the pulsar away.