NV spotter/monocular on a budget

carper99

Looking for a digital NV spotter or monocular on something of a tight budget. At the moment I am torn between the Yukon Ranger LT 6.5x42 and the Pulsar 860vs. I am leaning towards the pulsar as it has a rail for mounting an external IR source. Just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these or anything similar. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a Pulsar 750, which also has a rail to put an additional IR torch on, which you WILL need.
There is a second-hand one on flea bay at the moment.

Ive got the 860vs.... just send it back to Thomas jacks infact, its totally shocking , always used pulsar digital units , but this is terrible . maybe its a faulty one ,but most people I've spoke to say a similar thing

Ive got the 860vs.... just send it back to Thomas jacks infact, its totally shocking , always used pulsar digital units , but this is terrible . maybe its a faulty one ,but most people I've spoke to say a similar thing

Interesting, I would have thought they would use the same technology from their riflescopes. Thanks for the heads up.

Very disappointed with mine - I can see a long way , but can't get a sharp focus.

I use a bushnell equinox z6x50, I find it very good, it does have a rail to mount external ir if you need it,i don't bother but do take out extra batteries with me as the ir eats batteries for fun.

I think the sure24 monocular is the same unit, just un branded. ebay has loads of the same same model, sold under different names/makes. I used my friends 6x50 against my pulsar and it blew the pulsar away.

Yep got the fake Bushnell version £127 off the bay of evil ,2 weeks delivery from China .Fitted a T20 ir external to it 200metres + viewing as said just buy spare batteries .I dont use the internal I.R as its very hungry but the external works a treat very clear image i.m.ho atb

I've got the Sure24 one (branded as Bestguarder) and I'm very happy with it especially as I got it in a sale at £140

Back