Thread: Game dealer price near to the Central belt?

Game dealer price near to the Central belt?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a game dealer who offers more than the 2.20/kilo that I have been offered?

I expect to have a modest surplus in the next couple of months and can only eat so much. My deer are not easily come by due to the nature of the terrain on the lease and think 2.20 is a not really reflective of the effort put in. I have been hearing about deductions for carcass damage and minimum carcass weights whereby the carcass is worthless?

Regards for any help in advance.
    Richard

I really doubt anyone gives more than that, at least not until the hind season is well finished.

It may well not be a 'fair' reflection of the effort you put in - but they're not doing it to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky270 View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone know of a game dealer who offers more than the 2.20/kilo that I have been offered?

I expect to have a modest surplus in the next couple of months and can only eat so much. My deer are not easily come by due to the nature of the terrain on the lease and think 2.20 is a not really reflective of the effort put in. I have been hearing about deductions for carcass damage and minimum carcass weights whereby the carcass is worthless?

Regards for any help in advance.
    Richard

Is the 22p/ltr a farmer gets for milk or 370p/kg for beef a fair reflection of the effort put in? probably not but its all about market forces and supply chain costs.

I've been getting 1.95 a pound right up to xmas, now that GD doesn't want any until February???

The other GD I use is a pound a pound all year round - not good but he takes all - it's a buyers market

good luck

phil