Which cheap 4x4?

Moonraker68

My Jeep is getting to the age where it is starting to cost too much money to keep on the road. Any recommendations for a cheap replacement? My budget is limited ; upto about £2000. Thanks.

How about a newer Jeep ?

My dad has a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 petrol and it's been unbelievably reliable , it's getting on now and he keeps looking online for something newer which will probably be another Jeep

Cnnot fault my Freelander td4 paid 1500 for it 2 years ago. 40000 miles later still does 40mpg and retrieves carcasses from around the farm on ordinary road tyres without an issue if not taken anywhere silly. When I used to shoot pigeons almost daily I used a Suzuki Vitara that cost 600 plus 100 quid for second hand knobblys. Few places that would not go but a bit more juicy.

I have a Jimny i use for shooting only.
crap to drive on the road, but excellent offroad.

Shogun.
Lots of older ones about. Not the cheapest on fuel, but very nice drive on and off road. Paid £900 for a 1997 one start of this year, big sunroof - big enough to stand up and shoot in winter togs. LWB which gives plenty of room for kit, firewood, deer carcasses or whatever.
Cruise control, leather heated seats, motorway trips are very pleasant!

Hammo

You won't get a jimny for that budget. I picked up a Landcruiser Colorado for £1800 a couple of years ago and it has been faultless, tho a bit juicy. Lovely to drive and awesome on and off road. Shoguns are pretty good also and perhaps a bit cheaper (but not quite the same quality as the LC IMHO)

You won't get a jimny for that budget. I picked up a Landcruiser Colorado for £1800 a couple of years ago and it has been faultless, tho a bit juicy. Lovely to drive and awesome on and off road. Shoguns are pretty good also and perhaps a bit cheaper (but not quite the same quality as the LC IMHO)

Jimny for £2000 - of course he will

I purchased a Nissan Patrol GR TD 5 years ago for £3K on E**y.
Very comfortable, lots of space, great off-road with the right tires.
Plenty of them are still available for £2000 or less.

Back