Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: warning sign on high seat

warning sign on high seat

Does anyone know the wording for a warning sign on a high seat. Ideally I would just buy some pre printed and rivet them onto the seats. If not I can get them made up. I've recently got involved in some legal stuff (non stalking related) litigation is on the up and some people are winning cases on some fairly tenuous grounds. It makes sense to get these things in place.
    Also does anyone document maintenance or safety checks or have a template that i could have a copy of.

Thanks in advance

Pete

From memory the DCS best practice recomends: 'Warning: No unauthorised use'

We use "Authorised Access only" plus we have a ladder inspection tickets available from scafftag http://www.scafftag.co.uk/ladders/ta...-eith-l12.html this is attached to each high seat, its only small and has no effect on entering or leaving the seat.
    Each year we check and fill in the tagging system to prove the high seat has been checked, we also record the check on a master sheet back home if it goes missing. These tags are that small we carry spares every time we go out and replace as necessary, but in two years no have gone missing (touch wood)

Hope this helps

cheers for that jon. Is the "Authorised Access only" sign separate from the inspection sign and if so where do you get them?

pete

FC use ' No unauthorised persons beyond this point' its usually steel and riveted about shoulder height - White backed with red words.

Tom

Yes its separate and its sticky so we place it at eye level on one of the ladder rungs, we just went to a local sign company. All you need to decide is the measurement and colours you'd like (ours are red with white wording, think we pay about 3.00 each). Out of the signage these ("Authorised Access only") are the least weather proof, but the ladder inspection tag is reversable and we show the side that says don't use this ladder as back up.

Pete, send me your email address again and I'll sort the inspection form part.
    MS

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    www.safetysignsonline.co.uk/ hope this helps

Pete

I use a laminated card tie wrapped to my seats, if you want some let me know & I'll sort them & pop them in one night.

Cheers

Chris

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Hi,

i used this with the rspb signs attached. stops them damaging it.

PLEASE NOTE THIS SEAT IS USED FOR THE IDENTIFICATION OF LOCAL AND RARE BIRDS. PLEASE DO NOT DAMAGE OR INTERFERE WITH THIS SEAT AS IT MAY HINDER FUTURE SIGHTINGS