Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Species you would like to hunt

Species you would like to hunt

following on from the "Species you wouldn't hunt " thread
    what would you like to hunt ?????
    seeing I have shot 7 species of deer in the UK (still looking for a gold roe buck ) I would think I would like to hunt Cape Buffalo,
    I think it would be challenging and quite exciting

Always fancied DALL sheep etc, don't thik will ever happen as i hate riding horses and thats how they get up most of the time I think.
    So would try my hand at calling coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Always fancied DALL sheep etc, don't thik will ever happen as i hate riding horses and thats how they get up most of the time I think.
    So would try my hand at calling coyotes.

dall sheep hunts are flyin hunts mostly! they normally land in mountain lakes right in dall sheep country!and its hike and spot and stalk on foot from there!

some outfitters do hunt using horses, some use atv,s but you have the choice to go on foot if you prefer!
    north west teratories in canada is a good destination!

calling coyotes is good fun here in british columbia,you never know whats coming in from coyotes,wolves,lynx,couger,fox and bears in the early predator season!

last season I had a black wolf come in to a rabbit distress call!
    did not get a chance for a shot as i screwed up!
    did manage to call in a nice lynx the next week using the same sound,60 yard shot!

Quote Originally Posted by conibear View Post
    dall sheep hunts are flyin hunts mostly! they normally land in mountain lakes right in dall sheep country!and its hike and spot and stalk on foot from there!

some outfitters do hunt using horses, some use atv,s but you have the choice to go on foot if you prefer!
    north west teratories in canada is a good destination!

calling coyotes is good fun here in british columbia,you never know whats coming in from coyotes,wolves,lynx,couger,fox and bears in the early predator season!

last season I had a black wolf come in to a rabbit distress call!
    did not get a chance for a shot as i screwed up!
    did manage to call in a nice lynx the next week using the same sound,60 yard shot!
    Many thanks you have wet my appetitie

Ibex and the wonderfull big white billy of BC.

The Ibex will not be too bad on price but the billy is another thing, and all before I get to old and past it. Or maybe Im both already

Max

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    for me it would have to be a velosiraptor , , , thing is cant find a time machine so in present time whoul have to be an artic fox not lamping eather.. i bet they are as hard to spot as the deer in D&G

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Ibex and the wonderfull big white billy of BC.

The Ibex will not be too bad on price but the billy is another thing, and all before I get to old and past it. Or maybe Im both already

Max
    a mountain goat hunt here in bc will cost around $10,000 but its a fantastic experiance and a tough hunt not for the faint hearted!they live in some tretcherous places!
    but most guided hunts are successful!as the numbers are good!
    I went on a non guided goat hunt in 07 ,did not get 1,
    but i did get very close to them the day before open season!
    they were gone the next day(sods law)

I know a good salt lick in Jasper national park where you can get pretty close.

Shame theres no goat hunting allowed there.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75 View Post
    I know a good salt lick in Jasper national park where you can get pretty close.

Shame theres no goat hunting allowed there.
    yeah, they take a dim view of hunting in the national park !

I'm hoping to take various plains game species and the odd dozen Baboons in South Africa next month, followed by Moose and Boar in Sweden in October. The species I'd like to shoot in the future would be Bear, Elk and Wolf in the US, then some of the mountain species in places like New Zealand (Tahr) and the unpronounceable 'Stans' (Ibex and some of the sheep species with mad horns). I'm also hoping for a really good Sika stag in Wicklow again this year.

Since my old man died of cancer last month at the age of 70, I've decided life is too short and I'm going to spend my kid's inheritance for them...I might only have 29 years left

I'd also like to do a bit of exotic varminting too - prairie dogs in the States, dassies in Southern Africa etc, as it would make a change from endlessly blitzing rabbits with inappropriately large calibres over here (and yes, I do have vermin listed on the conditions for my .270 ).

Adam.