Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Tick Clothing

Anti-Tick Clothing

Do you use it, and if so, does it work?

[QUOTE=Deako;117014]Do you use it, and if so, does it work? [/QUOTE john stop being a girl..just get on we it........Neil

Hi Deako,

I brought early last year a light weight shirt from Nomad Clothing.

In a word yes it does work and ive picked off a few dead ticks and it's prevented them going up my body.. In my opinion at least.

I went out last year with a friend who walked behind me through a heavy tick area.. When we got back he was covered and I didnt find one on my body.. whilst he had a number on his chest a back.

The only thing is that you cant wash it as per normal and you have to cold wash with no detergent.. I recal around 20 washes like this before the garment needs to be retreated.

I will be buying another shirt at the gamefair this year as its now one of my favourite gaments.

Cheers

Robbo25

Ah, but I have a master plan Wardy! And chemical free to boot!

Have you tried wearing womens tights under yer stalking trousers?

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Have you tried wearing womens tights under yer stalking trousers?
    Who hasn't
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

I wish I had some of these clothes.

Got the news from the docs this morning, Ive tested positive for Lymes
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post

Sad to hear that Dan I bet your gutted?

What treatment have the prescribed for you if I may ask? and I hope they have caught it early enough before it develops like in some people who have been effected by it.

Best of Luck
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post

Bad luck Dan

Although following on from the thread the other week with the amount you have been exposed to ticks it was probably on the cards. Fingers crossed for you for a speedy recovery!

Alex

It sounds like im on a bit in the development of it, started off with my joints being ratchet like in their movement, I first noticed this back in April last year, doc did a blood test and never found anything, unfortunately a Lymes test wasnt specified in the screening. The symptoms died off and I was back to normal. My back isnt the best and about 6 months ago I had a few xrays (6 in 2 days) and the symptoms came back, I put it down to maybe too many xrays in that couple of days, they slowly got worse, no strength, bad shakes, muscle tightness and involuntary muscle twitches, I went back to the doc 10 days ago and straight away he reckoned it was Lymes, tests back today and he was right, since Sunday my neck and jaw has gone stiff and Ive had a constant headache since the weekend. These are signs of it progressing.

Im now on a months course of Doxycycline 100mg and if I still test positive after the month then its antibiotics daily via injection.

Going to see another doc tonights eve surgery about where we go from here, I was a bit shell shocked this morning when I was told, Ive got questions I want answering.

Dont believe alot of the scare stories you here, I have been investigating this virus for weeks now (I was pretty sure I had it) and its not as bad as it is made out, Im sure il get worse before I get better but fingers crossed it will all work out.

Its always been a high chance I would contract it at some point, you have all seen the photos of tick infestation on our deer, I regularly pull over a 20 or 30 off me in a week.

Il keep you posted
    Last edited by Dan Gliballs; 15-07-2010 at 18:14.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!