Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts ?

Notts ?

Hiya all

I've just registered and wondered if there were any clubs, events, meetings etc in the Notts or even East Mids area.

Any info would be much appreciated ( except where to stick it :o)

Scrun

where in sunny notts you from mate.im from the land of robin hood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    where in sunny notts you from mate.im from the land of robin hood as well.
    I'm from near the Race Course at Colwick about 3 miles out of town - you ?

im in mansfield,not to far from you.

Hopefully will be up by you in a day or so. Gota pick my 7mm Rem Mag up from Wilfs - Mansfield Guns - once I get my variation through. Disappointing thing is it's club night tonight and i wanted to zero it in, nxt club nights' not for 3-4 weeks so I gota wait til then even if I get it, unless i go down to Garlands.
    Do you shoot locally - i've got to go to the Lowlands - so it's a long trip not done frequently enough

Im from Nottm too (Arnold) - all my family live up there but I work away. Whats mansfield gun centre like ? Its one place I always keep meaning to go but never get around to!!!

Morning jordang. Know Arnold very well. In Laws used to run on of the local pubs - why do you think i married the missus. Once she'd got me they retired - bugger

Wilfs (Mansfield Guns) is ok. Not got many new guns in, but is good for picking up a second hand gun and various bits and bobs. What they havent got they'll order for you and they take their time to help you out. You really ought to have a look, you never know that rifle you've been looking for might be hiding somewhere in the shop - at least thats what i found each time i go - worse than a woman and shoes

If you dont know where it is let me know and i'll post address - oh and they only open Mon, Weds, Fri and Sat 9-6pm. And it's a bugger when you forget, turn up and the doors locked

Do you get to shoot whilst your working away - dont tell me you work on an Oil Rig .....laffin

and they aint cheap either
    Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    Morning jordang. Know Arnold very well. In Laws used to run on of the local pubs - why do you think i married the missus. Once she'd got me they retired - bugger

Wilfs (Mansfield Guns) is ok. Not got many new guns in, but is good for picking up a second hand gun and various bits and bobs. What they havent got they'll order for you and they take their time to help you out. You really ought to have a look, you never know that rifle you've been looking for might be hiding somewhere in the shop - at least thats what i found each time i go - worse than a woman and shoes

If you dont know where it is let me know and i'll post address - oh and they only open Mon, Weds, Fri and Sat 9-6pm. And it's a bugger when you forget, turn up and the doors locked

Do you get to shoot whilst your working away - dont tell me you work on an Oil Rig .....laffin
    i dont know where you get that mans gun shop is sociable,john is the most ignorant person i have ever met.was in the shop once (only once)a guy bought 1000 carts and he just stood and watched him strugle to door with them.wilfs ok.would rarher travel to neville,s at alfreton or even derby than use them.and they aint cheap either

Each to their own mate - i've dealt with Wilf mostly (hence Wilfs - rather than Mansfield Guns), but the time i dealt with John he was ok. Not sure i said it was sociable though - said it was ok. Best that jordang goes and makes his own mind up ? Personally i'm not keen on Nevilles or The Countryman - but thats just me and i can be a funny sod at times :o)- but would never tell anyone not to go to them.

Now if you want a really good gun shop that I can recommend 100% - Forest Lodge Guns (FLG) Lincoln. Excellent service, friendly and v v helpful. I was just contemplating reloading and they spent an hour running through things with me - even though they knew I wasnt going to buy. And a mate had a prob with some bino's, but wasnt sure where he had bought them from. He rang FLG up and said he thought he had bought them from them, but couldn't find the receipt. They said no problems, bring them down and we'll send them off for you. Turned out that he had bought them from FLG but they didnt know when he rang them - now thats what I call service ?

Scrun

Hi,
    You are about 5 miles away from one of the oldest rangers in the country, Epperstone Range.
    We are going to have an open day soon, details will be posted on here.
    However i will be working/zeroing on the range tomorrow, you are welcome to drop in if you wish, about 4pm.