Pietas Venatores

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndarke1

Guys - I got hold of this company and Peter through this forum because I wanted a new stock made for my rifle. He was very professional and knowledgable when I engaged him. He gave me a price and a time line of 6-12 months. Pleasant to deal with and inspired confidence. He asked for a deposit of £2,000 which I paid. I agreed to send my existing stock up to have the inlets copied onto a blank from which we were going to work. My stock was away for nearly 6 months - with a series of excuses for why it was taking so long. It has now been 18 months and I have had nothing back from him and whenever I have contacted him he always had an excuse why nothing had happened.
I haven't even received a blank to tweak and send back. He now won't answer my calls or respond to my emails. So I have no choice but to try and get my money back. It is a very sad story in our industry that this should happen. If any of you know him then please can you reach out to him and encourage him to contact me and return my funds so I am not forced to take matters further. I really don't want to go down that route. I see a similar post from another member of the forum who is having he same difficulty.
Any advice would be most welcome on where to take matters next. Its a lot of money I have parted with and its looking increasingly like - well I won't spell it out.

This sounds all too familiar..... windygun off here had similar dealings, and he wasn't alone. Small claims may be the best way for you to get your money back. Best of luck to you. Shame people do this and seem to get away with it.

I had a friend who had a similar experience with a so called rifle Smith who was an English man living in Germany.
Paid his money and just got fobbed off.
he did get his money back in the end but only through the influence of another dealer who he gave the commissioning of the rifle to.

What made me curious about him is about 2-3 years ago he was on here asking advice about how to finish stocks and 3 months later he was advertising and taking on work as a pro stock finisher!

F

Hmm - well a number of individuals verified he was genuine and that his work was good. I would not have touched him without an endorsement or two.

I have never done this before,by posting like this but I have to say I made seats for this guy and quite a few he asked me to drop them off at his home and i would get payment I have never asked for payment up front ever as i take everyone at face value, when i arrived he wasn't there he rang to say hed been held up on business and to leave them.
which i did months went by with every excuse under the sun
the last straw was me going down to take the seats back or the money, he even had the cheek to say the cheque was in the post and to keep it and bank it and do a repeat order, this never arrived i got my money but after around 6 months or more, I woudnt waste time with his excuses but go to court, how can a guy like this even have a firearms ticket is beyond me, i hope you get sorted, atb wayne

Thanks for coming forward - one of the reasons for posting all this here is warn people. It sounds like it may be very necessary to do so.

Unfortunately, the Scottish small claims system is still a long drawn out paper system, I've looked into it in an attempt to get my money back for the damage caused to my property by this clown. At least you got your original stock back ndarke1. An important point to note is the fact he has 2 usernames on this site. PKL (his initials) and Pietas Venatores. He has been trying to keep the 2 identities detached from each other for a long time. The best piece of advice I can pass on to anybody who is or has been in the same situation came from my feo last year. Write a letter of complaint to his firearms licensing department. (Edinburgh). The mud will stick eventually and he should lose his RFD status, FAC etc in due course.. He also seems to have an allergy to giving receipts (a legal requirement) it shouldn't take a lot of working out why!.Could anybody pm me his RFD number over and I'll start by sending one myself. Dave.

Unfortunately, the Scottish small claims system is still a long drawn out paper system, I've looked into it in an attempt to get my money back for the damage caused to my property by this clown. At least you got your original stock back ndarke1. An important point to note is the fact he has 2 usernames on this site. PKL (his initials) and Pietas Venatores. He has been trying to keep the 2 identities detached from each other for a long time. The best piece of advice I can pass on to anybody who is or has been in the same situation came from my feo last year. Write a letter of complaint to his firearms licensing department. (Edinburgh). The mud will stick eventually and he should lose his RFD status, FAC etc in due course.. He also seems to have an allergy to giving receipts (a legal requirement) it shouldn't take a lot of working out why!.Could anybody pm me his RFD number over and I'll start by sending one myself. Dave.

not sure he is an rfd, as far as I was aware he was only doing stock work? If he is then you're not wrong about reporting it but I'd also suggest trading standards would be a good place to start as well.

View attachment 78253View attachment 78254A gunstar listing from last year stating trade, the same advert was on here selling under his "private" ID PKL. He was also selling a Beretta silver pigeon 11, which got marked as sold following a comment by another ripped off member. I'll see if I can find it, along with the classifieds page number..

He is busy elsewhere

[h=3]Pietas Venatores | AfricaHunting.com[/h]https://www.africahunting.com › Members

Jan 10, 2016 - 1 post - ‎1 author
Pietas Venatores is a member of AfricaHunting.com. Male, 37.

[h=3]Pietas Venatores Gallery | AfricaHunting.com[/h]www.africahunting.com/hunting-pictures-videos/showgallery.php?cat=500...

Pietas Venatores Gallery. This Photo Gallery is closed please visit our new Media ... Home > Member Galleries > Pietas Venatores >. Users browsing the gallery ...

[h=3]Recent Content by Pietas Venatores | AfricaHunting.com[/h]www.africahunting.com › Members › Pietas Venatores

Final bump for last two items, fn 30-06 (with stock but not pictured), small ring Mauser $325. Post by:Pietas Venatores, Sep 28, 2016 in forum: Free Classifieds.

[h=3]Pietas Venatores's Recent Activity | AfricaHunting.com[/h]mail.africahunting.com › Members
Pietas Venatores replied to the thread Some Rifles For Sale. $325 for both? Silly money! Tuesday at 2:36 AM. Show older items. AfricaHunting.com.

[h=3]Pietas Venatores's Recent Activity | AfricaHunting.com[/h]www.africahunting.com › Members
Pietas Venatores's Recent Activity. No recent activity information is available for Pietas Venatores. AfricaHunting.com. Home Members > ..

Don't waste your time tip toeing around crooks. I've been done over by a gamedealer before in Somerset and a private individual from Sussex. Should have done the ccjs much quicker than I did but I did learn never pag a penny with a receipt by email or paper.

I believe this is the same guy that tried to rob me over a sale of an item through the classified adds on here but he was using a different codename. I eventually got a refund after a lot of lies and unpleasantness including accusations that one of my family or work colleagues must have signed for the item and stolen it despite the fact that, with hindsight, it clearly never existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back