Thread: A little advice

A little advice

I am about to apply for my fac and am looking for a first rifle, I was wondering where the law stands with regard to sound moderators and detachable magazines on a bolt action rifle. Can I have both on say a .243 or .270?

thanks in advance

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Yes and Yes, although, you could purchase one moderator to fit both rifles as you will be unlikley to want to use both together unless you intend to take someone with you. Most forces will grant a moderator as "Where there's blame, there's a claim" I don't think a Chief Constable, or his reprentative will want to be in court getting sued for hearing loss. As for detatchable Mags, never heard of that being an issue.

PS, An intro about yourself and your background/hobbies (Accept stalking/shooting) location etc, would also be nice, it's a Forum requirment that all new members introduce themselves. You will only get positive comments for doing so.
    Last edited by tartinjock; 13-07-2010 at 18:35. Reason: PS added
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post

PS, An intro about yourself and your background/hobbies (Accept stalking/shooting) location etc, would also be nice, it's a Forum requirment that all new members introduce themselves. You will only get positive comments for doing so.
    Will do, thanks for the reply.