That was a long shot.....no FC test required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long range target practise on live animals, not my cup of tea, and frankly the animal deserves more respect.

Agree with Hornet - just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it. Too much likely to go wrong and too far away for a quick follow up if it does.

Someone posted in another thread they thought this forum was going down hill lately, they could be right.

What do they do with the bear after its shot? Always wondered?

Is it skinned? or generly just left to rot?

ATB

Hi Chasey,

I think it depends how accessible it is to retrieve i believe that most are just skinned and the meat left some do end up in the food chain i also know that the bear can carry a parasite and needs to be cooked well before it is eaten perhaps that's why a few are just skinned and left

What do they do with the bear after its shot? Always wondered?

Is it skinned? or generly just left to rot?

ATB
They said they were in Montana, it is illegal to waste harvested game meat. I have eaten bear, i really liked it.

Regarding the film, his introduction was 'spot and stalk' they do not know the meaning of the word 'stalk' do they?
At least they didn't try to head shoot!
And maybe they could get closer next time?

Cheers

Richard

Nothing clever about shooting any animal at that distance. Funny they always show the shots that go right, they never show the shots that go wrong. And I bet there are more go wrong than right.

I can imagine a gut shot or a bear with its leg blown off being a formidable issue. By the time they got to the bear, if they have dogs it will be well on the way. Only to maybe have some poor sod come across it without a weapon, and find themselves confronting an enraged wounded Bear.

Shooting long range should be confined to metal targets, not live animals. Trouble is there is so much of this type of so called hunting on facebook and youtube these days it is almost considered mandatory for such shots to be considered. It only gives more ammunition to antis in my opinion.

Little or no respect given to the quarry either way.

I was going to comment but then read Sikamalc's response and figured I simply couldn't have put it any better.

We do our best to get as close as possible to reduce the potential for a poor shot and there they are trying to get as far away as they can to take the shot. Seems reverse / perverse logic to me. But nonetheless, the shooting at long range gongs is impressive.

Not my cup of tea either,I like to get as close as possible,the Stalk is as important as Squeezing the trigger all down to Quarry respect.

Nothing clever about shooting any animal at that distance. Funny they always show the shots that go right, they never show the shots that go wrong. And I bet there are more go wrong than right.

I can imagine a gut shot or a bear with its leg blown off being a formidable issue. By the time they got to the bear, if they have dogs it will be well on the way. Only to maybe have some poor sod come across it without a weapon, and find themselves confronting an enraged wounded Bear.

Shooting long range should be confined to metal targets, not live animals. Trouble is there is so much of this type of so called hunting on facebook and youtube these days it is almost considered mandatory for such shots to be considered. It only gives more ammunition to antis in my opinion.

Little or no respect given to the quarry either way.

So you're not taking this one down then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back