Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peg numbers

peg numbers

hi im after a set of numbers for pegs on our shoot can any one point me in the right direction. tried e.bay and cant find any

The GWCT Do them in there web shop
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Most agricultural stores sell them I know down here Scats and TH Whites have them

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnydan View Post
    hi im after a set of numbers for pegs on our shoot can any one point me in the right direction. tried e.bay and cant find any
    bunnydan

Do you mean stand markers (see http://www.gamekeepafeeds.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=846 - the numbers to go on the pegs themselves)?

Or the numbers that the guns draw to see which pegs they stand on (see http://www.attacc.com/acatalog/Attle...CESSORIES.html and look at position finders)?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

SD Regular
    You can "get away" with just 1, 4, 7, 10 if you're pushed for time or resources.

We just used to use any cheap plastic that came to hand at somewherer like B & Q and a permanent black marker pen if we had to quickly replace peg numbers that had been "disappeared"!

Collect ten or so bottle caps and write the numbers on the underside. Shuffle as in hide the pea. Easy to replace just drink another bottle,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    You can "get away" with just 1, 4, 7, 10 if you're pushed for time or resources.

We just used to use any cheap plastic that came to hand at somewherer like B & Q and a permanent black marker pen if we had to quickly replace peg numbers that had been "disappeared"!
    The guns in my syndicate need all 8....most of them need a calculator to keep up with moving up one

Jokes aside we also use those screw in house numbers on stakes for the more permanent pegs

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post

Joking aside 1 "pet hate" of mine is this Heath Robinson carry on, on any shoot.
    It takes little time and effort to make pegs (hazel, canes,whatever) to fix the plastic cards to.
    This extra point finishes any shoot large or small and makes me feel a bit of time has been spent on putting the day for the guns, even if the day doesn't produce whats expected you can see time has been put in.
    However if its crap and they can't even put proper pegs in what is that telling people.
    P.s. Our feed company gives us cards for free if we ask.

I've used these in the past

http://www.agrigame.co.uk/view.asp?ID=742

Cheers
    Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

I hate to see split hazel canes or sticks used as peg markers. It looks all very cheap and nasty.IMO

There's nothing better than 2x2 stakes painted white with the peg number either stapled on or painted on. We use tantalised machine round tree stakes that have had their top 9" dipped into white paint. Easy to set with a light weight driveall/postrammer and look the part.