peg numbers

Roe dan

hi im after a set of numbers for pegs on our shoot can any one point me in the right direction. tried e.bay and cant find any

You can "get away" with just 1, 4, 7, 10 if you're pushed for time or resources.

We just used to use any cheap plastic that came to hand at somewherer like B & Q and a permanent black marker pen if we had to quickly replace peg numbers that had been "disappeared"!

Collect ten or so bottle caps and write the numbers on the underside. Shuffle as in hide the pea. Easy to replace just drink another bottle,
Jim

You can "get away" with just 1, 4, 7, 10 if you're pushed for time or resources.

We just used to use any cheap plastic that came to hand at somewherer like B & Q and a permanent black marker pen if we had to quickly replace peg numbers that had been "disappeared"!

The guns in my syndicate need all 8....most of them need a calculator to keep up with moving up one :lol:

Jokes aside we also use those screw in house numbers on stakes for the more permanent pegs

Joking aside 1 "pet hate" of mine is this Heath Robinson carry on, on any shoot.
It takes little time and effort to make pegs (hazel, canes,whatever) to fix the plastic cards to.
This extra point finishes any shoot large or small and makes me feel a bit of time has been spent on putting the day for the guns, even if the day doesn't produce whats expected you can see time has been put in.
However if its crap and they can't even put proper pegs in what is that telling people.
P.s. Our feed company gives us cards for free if we ask.

I hate to see split hazel canes or sticks used as peg markers. It looks all very cheap and nasty.IMO

There's nothing better than 2x2 stakes painted white with the peg number either stapled on or painted on. We use tantalised machine round tree stakes that have had their top 9" dipped into white paint. Easy to set with a light weight driveall/postrammer and look the part.

Spratts the pellet/food maker do nice ones. The metal stakes with a U shape at the end as used on building sites for bunting tape make great pegs for hanging your kit on.

Joking aside 1 "pet hate" of mine is this Heath Robinson carry on, on any shoot.
It takes little time and effort to make pegs (hazel, canes,whatever) to fix the plastic cards to.
This extra point finishes any shoot large or small and makes me feel a bit of time has been spent on putting the day for the guns, even if the day doesn't produce whats expected you can see time has been put in.
However if its crap and they can't even put proper pegs in what is that telling people.
P.s. Our feed company gives us cards for free if we ask.
I completely agree and to add we print a game card for each gun showing him what peg he's on on each drive, saves time and makes a nice keep sake for the day.

I hate to see split hazel canes or sticks used as peg markers. It looks all very cheap and nasty.IMO

There's nothing better than 2x2 stakes painted white with the peg number either stapled on or painted on. We use tantalised machine round tree stakes that have had their top 9" dipped into white paint. Easy to set with a light weight driveall/postrammer and look the part.

What do you do if it SNOWS:lol::lol:

Nell

I do agree with yorkshire roe esp if your paying for the day it's the small things that make a difference and when there done well u can usually be sure everthing else is done well. Only thing i would say for the smaller syndicates/part time/diy keepers is u sometimes don't get time there can be more important things to do.

Do none of u get problems with livestock/deer knocking and moving the peg numbers fairly quickly.

We have alot of fallow so drew a map of the drive and any landmarks and where pegs should be and laminated it and put it on a 3" fence post on the way in to the each drive so everyone knows where they should be. Also put a wee note on some drives to move/swing line in certain directions depending on the wind/weather.
This works for us as a diy syndicate and same guns every 2 weeks, but they really should ken where to stand without them, althou it amazes me how many wouldn't have a clue.

I also know an estate with a lot of sheep dug paving slabs into the ground with the numbers painted on, works well but obviously not as visible as upright pegs.

Back