Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a two way radio package any recommend models?

looking for a two way radio package any recommend models?

I am looking for a two way radio package 2, 3 or 4 hand sets small enough to be carried all day, does any one recommend a brand model good or bad reviews?

charlie

Account Suspended
    Motorola TA-200 not much bigger than a cell phone the only trouble with them is they eat batteries for fun they all do.
    Range of 3 Miles 45 ish 2 Units

You could of coarse go VHF Marine hand held with a range of 12 miles re chargable but to operate it you would need a restricted operators licience Sea Tech or similar 140 ish one unit

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher_Stu View Post
    You could of coarse go VHF Marine hand held with a range of 12 miles re chargable but to operate it you would need a restricted operators licience Sea Tech or similar 140 ish one unit
    I have a marine radio licence and I was under the impression that, unless you are a shore-based station (e.g. Coastguard, lighthouse etc), then you are not supposed to operate on marine band ashore?

Alex

Account Suspended
    I have one as well but if you operate it out of the normal band on low power on an agreed channel like marina channel who would know
    Unless your stalking patch is close to a marina you wouldnt pick up interference and vice versa considering low power output of 2 watts would only transmit 3 miles max i would say

Like all radios though its line of sight only
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-used-Cobra-h...sh=item1c13ea7
    76a

Two way Motorola
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-Motorola-T...item35a5cd6116
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 14-07-2010 at 10:52.

Dont waste your money they are all ***** in my experience in woods and hill. I have motorolas somewhere the kids even got bored with them.

Mobile phones work much better and are cheaper. If they are for clients go to asda or tesco and you can buy them for a tenner.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldan View Post
    Dont waste your money they are all ***** in my experience in woods and hill. I have motorolas somewhere the kids even got bored with them.

Mobile phones work much better and are cheaper. If they are for clients go to asda or tesco and you can buy them for a tenner.
    I would agree with what you say Dan to some extent but some of the areas I stalk in do not have mobile phone network coverage or at best very patchy so they do have their uses.

Stu

I have been stalking the same lease with the same other 3 guys for the last 3 years we all have different networks, not one of them work well so we thought that radios would be the next best thing to try. We tried bean tins and string but it kept getting snagged on the trees.
    charlie

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie 1 View Post
    I have been stalking the same lease with the same other 3 guys for the last 3 years we all have different networks, not one of them work well so we thought that radios would be the next best thing to try. We tried bean tins and string but it kept getting snagged on the trees.
    charlie
    get thesen a bid on those three then on ebay.
    Good Luck mate

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    I have a marine radio licence and I was under the impression that, unless you are a shore-based station (e.g. Coastguard, lighthouse etc), then you are not supposed to operate on marine band ashore?

Alex
    Absolutely right and i know someone who foolishly thought who'd know? Well the story is that a Nimrod picked him up when he repeatedly used them, he was triangulated and eventually traced via the landowner. He and his mate were using them whilst fox bashing.
    Cost him a fine and a court summons.

Charlie,

we were the same, Get 3 vodafone pay as you go phones for stalking only. I have been stuck in 4x4 in middle of lease on BT (NO SIGNAL) mobile 4 years ago, binned the phone and network next opportunity.
    Went to vodafone problems disappeared (until work gave me an iphone). Now I take the sim out and use a normal phone when away for a few days.
    Network coverage is different all over just find the best one by asking the locals.