Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tazer Shot Guns!

Tazer Shot Guns!

Gents

During my busy day yesterday I managed to catch a bit of the late news & they were looking at the fact that Raoul Moat had been shot twice by to of the armed responce officers with the new tazer shotguns that they were not trained to use.

In atddition to this the device has not been approved by the home office for police use & furthermore it is not available here in the UK & they were not sure how that force were in possetion of them!

Oh what a nice old mess.

Let alone the mass of people that are now saying the bloke is some sort of dead folk hero, I am not going to rubish the police-(as I know there are far too many of them on this site as members)

What I would say is that the bloke had a troubled mind & was very twisted, somthing in his he's head clicked & he went off on one, the silly thing is that this all started with a pretty small offence which led to him spending time in the "Big House", his girfriend seemed to have had enough & found a more stable replacment-the rest is history.

In the view of LWC (which counts for jack I know)! the guy must have felt he was very wronged to have followed the path he did-which as I have said began with a small offence.

I in no way agree with what he did, I am just trying to understand how the events unfolded that led him down this sad path of destruction.

Regs Lee

Not quite a Tazer 'shotgun' though.

The XREP fin stabilised Tazer projectile can be fired from any 12 bore.

http://gizmodo.com/276481/video-of-x...king-some-dude

If they haven't been authorised for use by police in the UK then it might explain why Acting CC Sim appeared to be a bit reticent when the question about Tazer use in the final minutes/seconds came up.

Quote Originally Posted by lwcdart View Post
    Gents

During my busy day yesterday I managed to catch a bit of the late news & they were looking at the fact that Raoul Moat had been shot twice by to of the armed responce officers with the new tazer shotguns that they were not trained to use.

In atddition to this the device has not been approved by the home office for police use & furthermore it is not available here in the UK & they were not sure how that force were in possetion of them!

Oh what a nice old mess.

Let alone the mass of people that are now saying the bloke is some sort of dead folk hero, I am not going to rubish the police-(as I know there are far too many of them on this site as members)

What I would say is that the bloke had a troubled mind & was very twisted, somthing in his he's head clicked & he went off on one, the silly thing is that this all started with a pretty small offence which led to him spending time in the "Big House", his girfriend seemed to have had enough & found a more stable replacment-the rest is history.

In the view of LWC (which counts for jack I know)! the guy must have felt he was very wronged to have followed the path he did-which as I have said began with a small offence.

I in no way agree with what he did, I am just trying to understand how the events unfolded that led him down this sad path of destruction.

Regs Lee

Blah, blah, blah............here we go, another 9 o'clock jury. Poor wee sole and can't understand how it escalated from such a small incident - so we're forgetting that he had a long history of commiting crimes, namely violent crimes. I guess i must have a less tolerant attitude towards murdering scum.

The fact is that the devices used by the police, whatever their actual design were used in an attempt to preserve his life. Far more than i'd ever do. Please don't spare a minute for the poor sods who had to challenge him knowing that he'd already murdered and seriously wounded others.

The media will print whatever sensationalist ***** they can -that's what they do and there will be some who will piss and whine about how society failed a lost soul begging for a cuddle. Maybe i'm a bit less tolerant - a few tours in places like NI dealing with the occassional nutters will do that to you.

Always felt sorry for the 99.9% of the population who just wanted a quiet, sane life but had to deal with the regular carnage created by scum and those who persisted in picking over the carcass afterwards.

Hmm, if the X-Rep was not approved for use, then wouldn't that make the police officer guilty of an offence under S5 firearms.... - if its not approved, then surely there cannot have been authority for posession from the sec of state

whats the going rate? 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by scotsgun View Post
    Blah, blah, blah............here we go, another 9 o'clock jury. Poor wee sole and can't understand how it escalated from such a small incident - so we're forgetting that he had a long history of commiting crimes, namely violent crimes. I guess i must have a less tolerant attitude towards murdering scum.

The fact is that the devices used by the police, whatever their actual design were used in an attempt to preserve his life. Far more than i'd ever do. Please don't spare a minute for the poor sods who had to challenge him knowing that he'd already murdered and seriously wounded others.

The media will print whatever sensationalist ***** they can -that's what they do and there will be some who will piss and whine about how society failed a lost soul begging for a cuddle. Maybe i'm a bit less tolerant - a few tours in places like NI dealing with the occassional nutters will do that to you.

Always felt sorry for the 99.9% of the population who just wanted a quiet, sane life but had to deal with the regular carnage created by scum and those who persisted in picking over the carcass afterwards.
    Hallef'kinluya. A man after my own heart. I give not one toss what made Moat the way he was. The man committed murder and then tried standing off with the police. He got what he deserved.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by lwcdart View Post
    Gents

Oh what a nice old mess.

Regs Lee
    Yep thats right, the police use illegal weapons and all is well. They also jumped on him and murdered him. But with all the witnesses the truth will never come out. What is true though, is all the rumour and speculation that the media spout.................what utter sh*te.

Thats right he also flipped................I am sure that people that do flip dont do it for 7 days. That is why we keep our guns locked away with the ammo and bolt seperated. If you do flip, it gives you time to calm down.........DOH.

The guy shot a woman, killed her boyfriend, tried to murder a policeman and threatened the people that tried to help the injured.

Excuse me, but FU*K him. Given the opportunity I would gladly put down scum like that. If they want to feel tough and have a fight, go to Afganistan. Yep, right again, assh*les like that are too cowardly to go there and give it a go.

I would not normally reply to a thread like this but it is getting my back up. And for all those tree huggers out there that think because his mother never washed her breasts between feeds when he was a baby caused all this............................think again............he was an ar*e.

Going for a bloody big brandy now.

Quote Originally Posted by jingzy View Post
    Yep thats right, the police use illegal weapons and all is well. They also jumped on him and murdered him. But with all the witnesses the truth will never come out. What is true though, is all the rumour and speculation that the media spout.................what utter sh*te.

Thats right he also flipped................I am sure that people that do flip dont do it for 7 days. That is why we keep our guns locked away with the ammo and bolt seperated. If you do flip, it gives you time to calm down.........DOH.

The guy shot a woman, killed her boyfriend, tried to murder a policeman and threatened the people that tried to help the injured.

Excuse me, but FU*K him. Given the opportunity I would gladly put down scum like that. If they want to feel tough and have a fight, go to Afganistan. Yep, right again, assh*les like that are too cowardly to go there and give it a go.

I would not normally reply to a thread like this but it is getting my back up. And for all those tree huggers out there that think because his mother never washed her breasts between feeds when he was a baby caused all this............................think again............he was an ar*e.

Going for a bloody big brandy now.
    Jingzy & scotsgun , I'm with you on this one, the guy did the right thing by pulling the trigger, he saved the tax payer millions, the papers will now try and tear into the police which is an absolute disgrace, I haven't bought a paper in 6months due to the utter s**** they print.

This country needs to show a bit more humility and gratitude towards those on the front line be it the forces or the emergency services.

Jingzy tells it like it is!

To those following the tabloids down the "illegal taser" route I'd just like to nip this in the bud before any rash statements are made on the site...

To the best of my knowledge the police are entitled to test such non-lethal devices at the discretion of the chief constable. They haven't broken the law, they are allowed to possess them and they won't be sent to prison for 5 years etc etc.

Whether or not the decision to use them in this particular scenario was correct is another matter of course, and one for the IPCC to decide, however in the meantime I'd be grateful if we could avoid making any potentially slanderous allegations against Northumbria Police.

Thanks,

Alex

csl is spot on. I did 16 years as an inner city cop, including ARV and Sniper work. Deployment of the XREP rounds was 100% legal in the eyes of the law. The fact that it has not yet been granted home office approval is neither here nor there.

Personally, I think the c*nt should have had a nine millie rather than a 'lecky shock.

This has nothing to do with stalking however I have just seen the pictures of the police officer in hospital totally blind,he has to live the rest of his life like that, cant understand why anybody is wondering if the police were trained in using a tazer,the gunman had an illegal shotgun sawn and certainly wasnt trained to use it.