12 41.38%
  • 3 times a week

6 20.69%
  • more often

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much game meat do you eat?

Question How much game meat do you eat?

With everyone being encouraged to eat more healthily. How much game, i.e. venison, pheasant, partridge, duck, goose, rabbit, hare, grouse, pigeon etc do you eat in the course of a month.

We eat game at least 12 times a month, sometimes more depending on the season and what else we have in the freezer. As I often swap my surplus for fish or other farmed meat.

I eat game venison twice a week ,fish salmon sea trout maybe once a week, pigeon I could eat every day havent had any for months

I eat venison one way or another once a week, and lots of game when it's in season, as carter says its very good and healthy for us and it's free.

Not as much as I should!

Me and and my stalking partner usually keep a couple of nice fallow prickets for the freezer each season and I try keep back one or two muntjac as well. But most of that ends up being given away to friends and family! Rabbits go in the freezer until there is good load to go to the butcher. I did manage to get a pigeon on my plate about a month ago..........

T

We eat game on average at least 3 times a week depending on the season

Account Suspended
    Since Having had a heart attack last year and heart by pass surgery I have had to adjust my diet considerably ,Even though I shoot deer I must admit I am not at that over fussed on it but has there is little fat content in it I eat more of it now than I used to. Probably 2-3 times a week, Still not over fussed on the taste though personally I prefer the taste of lamb but needs must I am afraid.

Stu
    Last edited by Mannlicher_Stu; 15-07-2010 at 07:57. Reason: spelling

Roe deer is my favourite and done in the easy way of burgers sausages meat balls. Twice a week even more somtimes its a way of eating the ones that dont make the cut off weight.

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    roe is my favourite aswell.. like rangemaster i love woodies but aint had them for years, i catch a hell of alot of fish here were i live but cant be bothered to eat game fish (to many bones) id rather put them back or save a few for friends. as far as fish goes when i lived down northumberland i used to eat sea fish 3-4 times a week but up here in D&G theirs no decent chippy's (eat about 8 tins a tuna fish a week) does mcdonalds sausage & egg muffins count??

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Range Master View Post
    I eat game venison twice a week ,fish salmon sea trout maybe once a week, pigeon I could eat every day havent had any for months
    the only thing i see you eat when your up stalking are sausage & egg muffins from mcdonalds and those white looking burger things you heat up on the camp stove

Pan fried fillet of Roe has got to be one of the best dishes known to man/woman. Served with a port and cranbury sauce devine..

As for pigeon whats up with you northern guys, every time I am up in the borders the place is alive with them. Try marinating the breast meat in olive oil and soy sauce with salt and peper over night. Make kebabs with breasts, pepers, onion and mushrooms, BBQ and serve medium rare. They will be back for seconds.

D

PS can always head shoot a couple of woodies when out stalking, good practice, however body shot with ballistic tip is not advised if you wish to try and eat it!!!!!

D