Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: black or golden labrador

Thumbs up black or golden labrador

what do u think want to use for stalking and ruff shoting . am thinking golden as would not stick out like a sore thumb . least it would blend in with the cover most of the time unlike the black

dean I think you mean yellow labrador.
    Labradors come in three colours - black , yellow or brown.

Townies call yellow labradors golden (as in golden retreivers) and hairdressers buy chocolate labradors rather than brown ones.

don't forget the fox red labs as well, forget about chocolate ones ive never seen a decent working one yet

Dean,it shouldn't matter what colour you choose as long as it works,personal preference counts.if your looking for a lab to blend in you could use a cammo coat,lol,yellow shows up at certain times as does black,brown don't go there,tend to be more scatterbrained,I have black and dark yellow dogs that I use to the deer,as long as they don't fidget no probs with deer seeing them.movement is what deer spot not colour,fox red are dark yellow dogs by the way

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

I wouldn't bother so much about the colour and instead look at the capability of the sire and dam. My father picked up a very reasonably piced lab from the Baccleur lines which has potential like you wouldn't believe. 450 and 39 trial winners in it's line. The only thing spoiling it is him; the dog practically trains itself. It's almost like a lightbulb goes on in its head when training 'of course, that's what i should do,' and it moves right on to the next lesson.

Scotsgun is correct however Ftchs don't guarantee you success on deer,they are biddable and sponge like with training but that doesn't mean there pups will be,there are no guarantees in this life,having a good pedigree definitely helps but I think it is more important how you bring a pup up and a good dose of luck.Litter brother and sisters are vastly different from one another in terms of workability and temperament,as I said because they are trained to birds doesn't guarentee you they will do the damage on deer

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Regular Poster
    Blog Entries
    aye fox red you cant leave them out!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dean View Post
    what do u think want to use for stalking and ruff shoting . am thinking golden as would not stick out like a sore thumb . least it would blend in with the cover most of the time unlike the black

Save yourself some money . Instead of buying an overpriced pedigreed pup get yourself a springador,ive used them for everything deer driven pheasant wildfowling etc for the past 15yrs and wouldnt go back to a pedigreed dog.

Solid black items stick out more than people think in most daytime environments. I aggree with the other lads, who cares what colour your dog is as long as it fits in with your requirements, home, family, work, sport etc. JC

I've had black, yellow[from near white to fox red] & choc labs, colour doesn't matter a dam.

I always liked having a yellow and a black, thought it looked smart