Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Trousers Wanted With Reinforced Knees For Crawling - Recomendations?

Stalking Trousers Wanted With Reinforced Knees For Crawling - Recomendations?

I'm looking for a pair of stalking trousers with reinforced knees to ease the pain and wear of crawling across fields laden with flint. I really don't want to ruin my Musto trousers so am keen to buy some for this specific purpose.

I looked at the Seeland beater / keeper ranges and they don't look very hard wearing. The Deerhunter models with Hitena look somewhat better.

I'm not keen on the knee pads that the Army are issuing to front line troops as they will fill with soil / mud.

What other companies make this type of trousers? Any recommendations?

Expensive, but you might want to try Harkila. The top of the range Harkila Kodiak. Dont think they are reinforced, but they are leather fronted so should go some way to protect your knees

Scrun

Country Covers do trousers with varying degrees of protection on the front and arse. Great company to deal with but they do get really busy in the summer as they attend most of the shows. I would rate the quality of thier products above anything else I own and that is saying something as I have enough stalking kit to equip most of the members on here! JC

Quote Originally Posted by JC275 View Post
    Country Covers do trousers with varying degrees of protection on the front and arse. Great company to deal with but they do get really busy in the summer as they attend most of the shows. I would rate the quality of thier products above anything else I own and that is saying something as I have enough stalking kit to equip most of the members on here! JC
    Just had a look at their website, nice but expensive at 120 - 160 a pair.....

Try looking for carpert fitter's trousers, with the knee-pocket that fits various knee-pads:

http://www.bestinthecountry.co.uk/Cl...Pads_8288.aspx

Cheap as chips!

Hi Pippa countrycovers do a stalking trouser with reinforced seat and knees. Saw them at Scone Fare think they make the Artkis range of stuff.

Prov

The new Seeland Hiley looks worth a try...they've got leather faces and shouldn't break the bank (haven't got a price yet)

Don't bother comparing Seeland/Deerhunter with Musto/CountryCovers/Harkila, they are in two different leagues. If you are buying on price, and there is nothing wrong with that, then go to Machine Mart or Northern Tool and get builders work trousers for 25. If you want quality that will last several years then look at the country covers trousers is my advice. One thing that I would add is that trousers with water/thorn proof fronts are great but you don't want too much padding on the knees as it can be a pain if you wear wellies or gaiters and (call me a big girl if you like!) it can chaff and give you sore kneecaps if you have to walk far. Just my thoughts, JC

Have a look at the Stealth Gear photographers trousers on the Scott Country website.
    Well made kit and has the knee pads as per request

Not seen that Stealth Gear before...looks interesting, thanks for the info.