Death of a good friend & fellow stalker aged 34 years

Please pass on,

To all his family and friends we wish them well in this, a tragic time,

to loose a young man and his two colleagues by the hand of one they where helping makes it worse.

Rest in peace. God-bless.

Frank and Family.

So sorry to hear that, deepest sympathies to all who knew him.

Yet another young life ended for who knows what.

He would have been a few intakes behind me at Sandbags. I suspect that one of two of my contemporaries may have commanded him. It is always sad when thing such as this happen, such as 1Gren Gds losing their RSM + others & 1WG losing a CO last year but it is an undeclared war and until we are able to withdraw pointless loses such as these will happen.

Thanks to Tony for taking us there on a shoe string..............

Rest In Peace.

Thought are with the family and friends, never easy to lose someone. But especially under such shocking events.

TJ

Lee, I am so so sorry to hear this, my sympathy goes to you and his family, like most I have been watching the news of this event on the TV, such a shame to see another life lost, my thoughts are with you tonight.

Best regards

Kev

Small world. The junior officer killed with him was Lieutenant Neal Turkington. Lived about two miles from here. I didn't know him personally, but know some of the family.

As Patrick stated, all this so Blair could play big boy's games with the Yanks...

Small world. The junior officer killed with him was Lieutenant Neal Turkington. Lived about two miles from here. I didn't know him personally, but know some of the family.

As Patrick stated, all this so Blair could play big boy's games with the Yanks...

I heard the story of this man, he too was young i believe, also only an junior officer of about 12 months,

the world moves in mysterious ways. shame.

I know you may not have meant it but digressing off subject by laying blame will entice some to air views this thread does not need.

f.

I heard the story of this man, he too was young i believe, also only an junior officer of about 12 months,

I know you may not have meant it but digressing off subject by laying blame will entice some to air views this thread does not need.

f.

I agree
thinking of his family and friends

Yet another very sad loss, very sorry to hear the news but it seems to have more impact when someone on a forum you visit actually knows one of the brave men who put their lives on the line.

My condolences to all concerned.

f.

Sorry, you are correct.

One of the things that has struck me over the past year in particular is the pure quality of the men who have died in that awful place. I think particularly of the Welsh Guards CO riding top cover, the EOD guy Schmidt, this local lad Turkington. I am sure there are similar stories linked to the hundreds of others that have died.

It is just so sad.

Back