New - Mile Long Shooting Range - In the UK.

I visited Gardner's Guns a couple of weeks back and was very impressed with the new 100m & 50m shooting range.
All of which have covered, bench rest firing points, the set up was brilliant not only is there a hand onsite gun shop but also the firing points back on to a newly built club room with a lovely wood burning stove.

On speaking to the owner Marc Gardner, he told me about the new facility he is having built which will be a range with the ability to be able to shoot out to a mile.

In addition to the Mile long targets the new facility will boast a number of excellent facilities:-

1. Targets at 100m set intervals from 100m out to 1000m and 1000 yards (plus additional targets out to a mile)
2. Electronic target system allowing the shooter to watch there long range shots via an ipad at the bench (recording group size)
3. A huge selection of Gongs of various shapes and sizes.
4. Covered, weather proof firing points - with benchrest facilities - all heated.
5. Large Bothy heated both with kitchen and full access toilet facilities.
6. Full disabled access - to include disabled access deer stalking.
7. Only 25 mins from the M6.
8. Set to open June 2017

Below I have added a number of pics from my visit which give you an idea of the current facilities and the ones being built.
This facility will be absolutely brilliant for the North of England and will help shooting grow.

Mile Long Range:-
Mile long range.jpg

Site of Mile Long Firing Point:-
Firing point.jpg

Map of Mile Long Range:-
Gardners Guns Map for 1 Mile Range Facility.jpg

Bothy:-
Club Room & Enclosed Firing Point.jpg

Definitely interested in this if it is happening, nowhere else in the north east for long range shooting, however not able to find anything on their website about it?

Gents.
The range is open with work progressing.

In due course there will be a bothy with WC and tea/coffee facilities. The road requires a bit more work but at present you are transfered from the car park to the firing point by tractor/trailor.

THere is a 100 yard zero target then gongs from 300 yards out to 1.5k. They vary in size from 5 x 3 to 6". You have the option of shooting from a bench or prone. If prone take a shooting mat.

Hot food is available in the village at the Hub Eskdalemuir and it is good.

At present you are required to be a member of Gardners Gun Rifle Club . This is due to 3rd party insurance but this may change to offer day membership. Membership is £50 which includes Longtown range plus £50 per day range fee. There will be a minimum number of shooters per booking.

The range is fully approved by the Scottish Government for any centre fire calibre. We have already played with .50 and .338.

We have another range already approved in Eskdalemuir which will be for formal target shooting out to 1000 yards so will be ideal for Benchrest and F Class. Awaiting planning permission for the club house.

Any questions give the shop a ring 01228 792535.

Spiker

Back