New - Mile Long Shooting Range - In the UK.

I visited Gardner's Guns a couple of weeks back and was very impressed with the new 100m & 50m shooting range.
All of which have covered, bench rest firing points, the set up was brilliant not only is there a hand onsite gun shop but also the firing points back on to a newly built club room with a lovely wood burning stove.

On speaking to the owner Marc Gardner, he told me about the new facility he is having built which will be a range with the ability to be able to shoot out to a mile.

In addition to the Mile long targets the new facility will boast a number of excellent facilities:-

1. Targets at 100m set intervals from 100m out to 1000m and 1000 yards (plus additional targets out to a mile)
2. Electronic target system allowing the shooter to watch there long range shots via an ipad at the bench (recording group size)
3. A huge selection of Gongs of various shapes and sizes.
4. Covered, weather proof firing points - with benchrest facilities - all heated.
5. Large Bothy heated both with kitchen and full access toilet facilities.
6. Full disabled access - to include disabled access deer stalking.
7. Only 25 mins from the M6.
8. Set to open June 2017

Below I have added a number of pics from my visit which give you an idea of the current facilities and the ones being built.
This facility will be absolutely brilliant for the North of England and will help shooting grow.

Mile Long Range:-
Mile long range.jpg

Site of Mile Long Firing Point:-
Firing point.jpg

Map of Mile Long Range:-
Gardners Guns Map for 1 Mile Range Facility.jpg

Bothy:-
Club Room & Enclosed Firing Point.jpg

Sounds spot on! I'll have to take the .22lr down for some long range plinking haha! (Sarcasm for anyone wondering)!

Did they give you the prices Eddie?
I think the prices were:
ÂŁ50 per year club membership (+ÂŁ50 in the first year)
Then ÂŁ20 per day for the first year for the short range
ÂŁ50 for the long range,

P&P is ÂŁ20 per hour if not club member.

I'm going this week so will confirm.

I think it's on the brink of being up and running. Might be by now. If you plan on travelling any distance, I'd advise a phone call. Even if it is on the go, best booking a slot in case it's chocca.

Back