Thread: More hurdles in the future?

More hurdles in the future?

Saw this on AR today, http://www.swp.de/goeppingen/nachric...art4319,546890, not sure how much truth there is in this, but a bit of a bu**er if it is & spreads.

Mayor of Stuttgart proposes a tax on each gun owned, remember, this is in the EU!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Have you got a link to an english page ? I dont read German.

Stuttgart in Germany, will be the first town, take for every gun a tax of 100-150.-€ for every year, starting 1.1.2011. When this will be in every other town and county in Germany, it´s the end of the legal gun owning. I haven´t the money to buy every year nearly 2000.-€ to this comunistic bandits

Martin

quote:
    Originally posted by DaMan:
    Ist die CDU völlig verrückt geworden?

Ja, mindestens in Stuttgart.

For all you helpfull guys out there who'd like to express your discontent to the mayor of the city that supplies the world with flashy automobiles and has still several US military bases, here are the addresses of these two "gentlemen":

Michael Foell, responsable for finances
    CDU Kreisverband Stuttgart
    E-Mail foell@cdu-stuttgart.de

The CDU Stuttgart central mail account: cdu@region-stuttgart.org

Here, the main author of this crime against our rights:

Dr. Wolfgang Schuster
    Oberbürgermeister (Lord mayor of Stuttgart)

Rathaus Marktplatz 1
    70173 Stuttgart

Telefon: +49-711 / 2162554
    wolfgang.schuster@cdu-region-stuttgart.de

In case you want to complain to an even higher level, Mr. Stepfan mappus is the governor of the State of Baden-Württemberg: Stefan.Mappus@cdu.landtag-bw.de.

Let them please know how you feel and forward their mail adresses to your shooting and hunting friends, too! Any help is highly appreciated!

Would you guys mind stopping your pissing contest for a couple of minutes and focus again on the political content of this threat?

If this succeeds in Stuttgart, first other German cities and then other European countries will follow. I have learned that this initiative was born out of an agreement of several german city councils, Stuttgart was choosen as a pilot project.

If this gains the dynamic development they hope for, they have generated a very elegant way not only to raise more tax money but also to practically outlaw guns for all but the police, the military, game wardens and the rich.

Eastern Germany 2.0 I guess...

Thus, I was hoping that some of you might pick this issue up and send these dumbos a polite or not so polite letter. You might even feel the need to forward their mail adresses to all of your freedom loving friends. I did this already.

Thank you very much in advance for listening.
    this seems to be the gist of it, copied from a post on AR, hope no-one minds me bringing it over here.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

if you stick a link such as the above in to Google you will get a "Translate This Page" link appear to the right which will then translate any foreign lang web page for you. Google Translated Article

The most recent / last city to vote on a "per" gun tax, was Iserlohn, the vote was as follows 20 against & 19 for, a close run thing, if this EU tax gets off the ground, (& lots do from this lot of clowns), it will arrive in time here, how many of us in the UK are aware of these moves?....... does it sound far fetched?......... anyone remember the cucumber directive?????????
    Last edited by finnbear270; 25-07-2010 at 11:04.

I hear that Stuttgart has another vote on this after the summer recess, as a majority was not forthcoming.